Mozilla Introduces Chrome-Like Downloader

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Mozilla announced on Saturday on its Quality Blog that it is introducing a streamlined ‘stub installer’ to make the installation of its Firefox browser easier for Windows users.

With Microsoft’s Windows 8 launching at the end of the month (in four different editions — which includes its new Metro interface), the stub installer comes at the right time and will be able to detect the OS variant and serve the right version.

Does this mean again that Mozilliais far more stabler then IE still. :)

"Quality blog"... guess they are bing ironic... It is one of the more "hipster" browsers...:D

i don't like the stub installers... but i guess i havn't had any real issue's with chromes in a while...

Adobe deletes the stub installer as soon as it launches, and then when it fails, it's not in the trash can, and you have to go find the stub installer again. Then, you make a back-up copy the second time. Then I have to download the whole damn package again for the other computer, because I can't find the real 90MB installer.

Getting the nightly builds is optional, and I'll gladly pass and use Firefox's normal update route, which I have set to "let me know when a build is available but don't download it automatically." I couldn't stand Chrome's Google updater because I could never turn it off--remove it from my start-up sequence, reboot, and Google puts it right back in--it's like malware--you can't get rid of it...;) So I got rid of Chrome. I like to upgrade my software when *I* like to upgrade, if you catch my drift...;)

Back