‘Zorro Macsk’ Cover Adds a Touchscreen to Apple’s iMac

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Do you own an iMac and just can’t stand the thought that Microsoft technology has played one-upmanship on your Apple product? A Chinese company, TMDTouch, has created Zorro Macsk to change your Mac into a touchscreen marvel in just about 10 seconds flat. All you need to provide is a strong arm and $199 bucks and you’ll be in business.

WTF did they do to the song in the background? That's actually pretty cool. If it works that is.

I always laugh when I see every apple accessory has a cut out for the logo... Apple products are just awesome and buying one doesn't have anything to do with personal vanity /s.

I always laugh when I see every apple accessory has a cut out for the logo... Apple products are just awesome and buying one doesn't have anything to do with personal vanity /s.

Even protective cases like Otterbox do this! Yeah, I don't need absolute protection, I need my Apple logo to show like anyone gives a rats ass.

Apple, so obnoxious!

Finally, what my cheetos covered hands need.

cheeto+fingers

That's a neat idea, price is too steep though. Oh well, it's not like I own a Mac anyway. Call me when they have one for $80 that fits a Dell Ultrasharp U2311.

how?

anyway, this is a cool idea with a bad name, and laggy realworld usage.

look how stuttery that pinch and zoom is

Seems to be graphics chip related. iMacs have looked alike for the past few years so it's hard to say what year that one is. 2010's iMac had a slow Radeon HD 4670 graphics. Even my HP Folio 13's Sandy Bridge Core i5's HD3000 graphics lag badly when pinch-zooming from my multi-touch touchpad.

Call me when they have one for $80 that fits a Dell Ultrasharp U2311.

Yes, but even so, I'm not gonna touch my Dell Ultrasharp with my fingers, nooooo way!
no finger grease on my monitor!

Yeah, I want to turn my computer into ... a mobile device.

Still really don't get it. Why do I wanna wear my arms and hands, wrists and elbows out when the mouse will do the same thing 100% faster?

Gimmick.

Mobile phones have a touch screen for a reason. Cause they are small and a keyboard and mouse can't really be used.

Wish these people would stop trying to marry the two.

I really really hope the PC dies out and all these people just go away to their little phones and tablets.

Trust me, the PC will do just fine.

The Amiga community was very small for years and it did just fine. In fact, it felt like a little special corner that only a few people knew about and companies still made money.

Gimmicky ass "finger" games .. give me a break. GTFO of here with that crap.

I'd like to point out that there have been third party touchscreens for Macs probably before Microsoft started working on them. I was trying to remember some of the names as there were several companies. Here is on... (Since 1987)...

http://www.trolltouch.com

I'm sure Apple is working on adding touch to all of their PC's .. so they'll probably be suing this company in a few months.

no. exercise.

Bring on the 60" touchscreens.

inefficient, imagine working all day in an office writing up word documents?

Installing and configuring a server in the CLI.....

you get the idea.. there is exercise, but your computer monitor is not a good way to get it

inefficient, imagine working all day in an office writing up word documents?

Installing and configuring a server in the CLI.....

you get the idea.. there is exercise, but your computer monitor is not a good way to get it

Sounds to me like you're picking a subject which deliberately defeat the purpose of touchscreen. Nobody said anything about taking keyboards and mice away from iMacs. Only adding another interface similar to the HP TouchSmart line.

if you have an open afternoon and the tools its damn easy
http://www.slashgear.com/acer-aspire-one-gets-touchscreen-mod-tutorial-1334157/
the screens are under $50 on ebay

the acer link is for resistive touch, meaning u need controller and film in the front, while the mac touch thing utilizing optic and does not need a glass/film in the front, that is why he put his hand through it to show it

also the acer is single touch, this one is atlist 3 finger touch...

that s my 2 cents

Back