Olympics Are Using Wi-Fi Police

so how much money are they spending on something like this?

Probably a lot less than what the corporate sponsors make from charging for their own wifi service. What a world we live in-our entire lives are dictated by corporate interest.

Which is why I always embed Wi-Fi hotspots into structural pillars of stadiums with 10 years' worth of batteries before they pour the concrete. ^-^

An original or sour cream and onion flavor cantenna would still be half as conspicuous (and probably equally, if not more, effective).

So, if you have it in a backpack, can they legally search you without consent or warrant?

I would share out my phone just to spite them and disable it before they got close to me since you can see them from across the damn stadium with all that garbage, lol.

What oddly shaped red object a man chooses to put in his anus in his own business.

Probably a lot less than what the corporate sponsors make from charging for their own wifi service. What a world we live in-our entire lives are dictated by corporate interest.

wi-fi is free for the length of the games in London so no one is making any thing on this

wi-fi is free for the length of the games in London so no one is making any thing on this

Bullshit, there is money involved here because he wouldn't be hunting down "Rouge" wi-fi hotspots if it was indeed truely "Free"

Fuck the link -ALONE- tells you the reason they are going around is cause all the wi-fi there is corporate sponsored and you need to pay -HUGE- bucks to access it.

Its fucking hilarious how -BEHIND- the world is on internet rights. I mean for fuck sakes, its been deemed an essential part of communication first amendment right that is right up there with books, movies, radio, television, yet they still pull shit like this where if you want to use internet at the games you need to pay -BIG BUCKS- to do it.

Fuck I'm reading -MORE- about the whole fucking thing, -ONLY- athletes can bring in drinks with them into the arena, and -AT- that they are only allowed 100mm and must -BUY- additional refreshments from -VENDORS- after they run out

I've said the olympics are fucking dead, but its getting more and more fucking obvious every time

Haw another one, only McDonalds can sell French Fries at the olympic games, all other food venues are -BANNED- from selling french fries at the olympics.

Yet another one, Visa is the only credit card you can use at the Olympics, Mastercard and American Express are both banned at the Olympics

And another one, a vendor at the olympic games had made herself her own Olympic sign, with the (Much more tasteful) classic five rings olympic logo, and olympic officials came by and told her to take it down and -BUY- an official olympic sign for her booth

Corporate greed and pussy states FTW!

Can't wait to til a world wide movement of people who know what a pair of balls are and have fundamental ethnics of personal responsibility and accountability sweep the filth of our species away.

I don't know if this is true or not (comments from the article)

Mark Munro 0 minutes ago

These people are actually out shutting down signals that are interfering with broadcast equipment. From reddit-
TL;DR --- LOCOG/OFCOM 'WiFi Police' seek out all unauthorized, undocumented wireless frequencies. Not just internet "WiFi" frequencies. Think of them as Wireless Interference Police. All present staff and personnel are assigned and given a frequency range they may use. In effect, minimizing cross-frequency interference. They probably wouldn't even detect small-scale tethering hotspots. They are scanning for anything with enough range to disturb authorized wireless transmitting frequencies.

IOC has known for years what the Chinese are up to and does nothing to stop it

it was found out a bunch of the Chinese girls from 08' were under the age limit and the IOC did nothing

then you have Boxing fixing that was going on this year most of the Olympics are a joke

Just found another article about how awful some countries abuse their residents for olympic glory, in this case corrupt china.

First picture should be shocking enough for you, its a picture of a -THREE YEAR OLD GIRL- having her -LEGS STANDED ON BY A FULL SIZED ADULT AND BENDING HER KNEE'S BACKWARDS AND TO THE SIDES DRASTICALLY!!!-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oung-boys-hang-bars.html?ICO=most_read_module
Dailymail

UK butt-hurt that china beats the shit out of them in the olympics. Nothing to see here.

it is a nanny state......

Has nothing to do with statism. Corporate greed, wanting to force you into paying for something, and getting the organizers to allow it.

My local NCAA div.1 stadium that fills 80k+ on game day doesn't allow non-concession food/drink in the seats either.

IOC has known for years what the Chinese are up to and does nothing to stop it

it was found out a bunch of the Chinese girls from 08' were under the age limit and the IOC did nothing

then you have Boxing fixing that was going on this year most of the Olympics are a joke

Well, at least they did something with the badminton games. China is the new soviets, they want to show off their dominance so they select the best to compete and then train them like a Foxconn factory.

I don't know if this is true or not (comments from the article)

Mark Munro 0 minutes ago

These people are actually out shutting down signals that are interfering with broadcast equipment. From reddit-
TL;DR --- LOCOG/OFCOM 'WiFi Police' seek out all unauthorized, undocumented wireless frequencies. Not just internet "WiFi" frequencies. Think of them as Wireless Interference Police. All present staff and personnel are assigned and given a frequency range they may use. In effect, minimizing cross-frequency interference. They probably wouldn't even detect small-scale tethering hotspots. They are scanning for anything with enough range to disturb authorized wireless transmitting frequencies.

I read that a couple hours ago.

I'm more likely to believe something from reddit than the comments here on [H].

Not sure which is worse go to olympic training or become a gold farmer.

I read that a couple hours ago.

I'm more likely to believe something from reddit than the comments here on [H].

Heh. I wouldn't take a comment from Reddit as a credible source. They will say anything for karma.

I hate to get a little Trekkie here but anyone notice he's wearing a RED shirt with a Red arrow. I think someone is going to die!!!!

If I were that guy I'd be detecting all the food and beer in people's hands, tell the Fat boys they've had their limit. Maybe detect a couple of hot chicks, I'll leave your imagination to the rest.

they are looking for anyone causing RF interference... FYI this happens at EVERY NFL game and at super bowl there are multiple people on the sidelines and in the stadium at all times looking for RF interference...

they usually use amateur (ham) radio operators... I was going to do it last miami superbowl but I had a scheduling conflict

Back