Is the Web Driving Us Mad?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Are you going crazy? Feel like your cheese has slipped off the cracker? Good news! It's not your fault....the internet made you crazy. :rolleyes:

Tweets, texts, emails, posts. New research says the Internet can make us lonely and depressed—and may even create more extreme forms of mental illness, Tony Dokoupil reports.

No. Yes. Hang on, i'm of 3 minds on the issue...

Hehe, Tony. The clowns always eat the Tonys...

Of course they blame me, but I wouldn't harm a fly. Eating doesn't harm them.

What was this about? :confused:

i'm sure twitter is stuff about me...

Are you going crazy? Feel like your cheese has slipped off the cracker? Good news! It's not your fault....the internet made you crazy. :rolleyes:

So, now they have a new excuse for mass murder + suicide.

It first was Heavy Metal, the D&D's, then Metal again, then Computer and Video Games, and now the Internet. Wonder what they're gonna blame next....maybe LEGO...

So, now they have a new excuse for mass murder + suicide.

It first was Heavy Metal, the D&D's, then Metal again, then Computer and Video Games, and now the Internet. Wonder what they're gonna blame next....maybe LEGO...

Apparently if you grip Lego tightly in your hand while you sleep, you wake up with the mark of the beast... My butler tells me this is a true story.

132409019856.jpg

OMG that's a TLDR article and my cheese has been off the cracker for longer than I've been using Al Gore's invention to troll people, but it hasn't helped my ability to stay focused on a single thought for more than a few minutes. I have to physically remove the USB wireless NIC from my laptop to get any writing accomplished if I don't want to be endlessly stopping to check e-mail or look up something random on the web. It's just so easy to pull up a new tab to look at a new recipie or check the latest

OMG that's a TLDR article and my cheese has been off the cracker for longer than I've been using Al Gore's invention to troll people, but it hasn't helped my ability to stay focused on a single thought for more than a few minutes. I have to physically remove the USB wireless NIC from my laptop to get any writing accomplished if I don't want to be endlessly stopping to check e-mail or look up something random on the web. It's just so easy to pull up a new tab to look at a new recipie or check the latest

I think this pretty much sums it up...

Apparently if you grip Lego tightly in your hand while you sleep, you wake up with the mark of the beast... My butler tells me this is a true story.

You have a butler?

They also make great caltrops if you ever need to outrun a pursuer...

This thread is certainly pointing to the fact that this is true.

I personally believe it as even being the net nerd that I am can admit it possibly could lead to depression and loners.

Lot of fluff in the article but over all I have to agree.

People in general are just crazy. No one wants to admit it so we blame it on something that the general populous uses. So we are right about the crazy portion, just wrong about the cause.

hum i'm actually using 2 more min on facebooks now days compare to old times. i might need to learn to control myself.

Well one thing is for certain, social media can waste tons of your time and has very little value.

People are mad, people are depressed. The day that people stop trying to blame what is in front of them and instead look inside for the root cause will be the day that there is a chance that mental imbalances can be better understood. The behavior is a symptom of the condition; the behavior does not cause the condition. If people were properly socialized, they would prefer face-to-face interaction instead of immersion in a virtual world.

Back