Photo of Cash on Facebook Leads to Robbery

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention world: I am a teenage girl at home alone with my 72 year old grandma....look at this big fat stack of cash I just posted on Facebook. Click the "like" button if you have ski masks and know my address. :rolleyes:

Two robbers have paid a visit to a house in south-eastern Australia, hours after a teenager posted a photo on Facebook of a large sum of cash. The masked men, armed with a knife and a club, struck the home of the 17-year-old girl's mother in the country town of Bundanoon on Thursday, police say.

Bet she thought she was as gangsta as this idiot.

lil-wayne_251.jpg

[imghttp://motorlounge.com/media/uploads/cars/article/50-cent_jpg_640x480_upscale_q85.jpg[/img]

50cent putting 2mill in a lambo. Also a video of it on youtube.

Dumb ass people. This isn't just a FB issue either. A person is just flat out retarded to even talk about how much money the have let alone take pictures of it and post it on the web for the world to see.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Seems as though they didn't get much since they robbed her mom and not the daughter since she was at her grandmother's house.

Basic Google search is how they found her I'm guessing...well, her mom's house at least.

Wonder how much money it was though.

lol I love how bragging has started haunting people. Wether it's sluts taking slutty photos comign back to haunt them (reputation, job hiring, etc..), or posting pictures indicating you have lots of money. I love it! I LOVE IT!!! If only it taught people something.. so it's prevented in the future... oh well, I guess that can only be solved by neutering.

Even though I don't have much, this is a good reason why I don't really have the need/desire to show off what I have to everyone in the world.

Couldn't law enforcement ask Facebook for a list of IPs that accessed that particular page? When they narrow down the suspects, they would then look for recently used search terms.

We're talking about a small town in eastern Australia. Finding the perps should be a simple case of elimination.

Couldn't law enforcement ask Facebook for a list of IPs that accessed that particular page? When they narrow down the suspects, they would then look for recently used search terms.

We're talking about a small town in eastern Australia. Finding the perps should be a simple case of elimination.

Small town = small amount of police. I don't think it's slow enough for them to go through and look up a ton of IP's.

Even though I don't have much, this is a good reason why I don't really have the need/desire to show off what I have to everyone in the world.

This is why I don't let many people in my house, especially in my gaming room and bed room. My house has been robbed before (years ago and I didn't have NEARLY as much nice stuff as I do now) so I try to stay low key as to what I own and how much money I make.

The less people know the less likely a chance that you'll be messed with.

Number One Rule of Fight Club?...

This is why I don't let many people in my house, especially in my gaming room and bed room. My house has been robbed before (years ago and I didn't have NEARLY as much nice stuff as I do now) so I try to stay low key as to what I own and how much money I make.

The less people know the less likely a chance that you'll be messed with.

Number One Rule of Fight Club?...

well said. doesnt really matter where you live, people want your shit, its best to not tell them you got the goods imo

God, I hope the world keeps on getting more stupid day after day, I need entertainment to go along with my popcorn!

all that money (assuming it's not just a $100 bill on top of some $1 bills) and they can't get a decent floor?

Be aware of the GPS info embedded in the pics you take, hempgrowers are very carefull with that. :D

Probably should've added a picture similar to this with the money stack pic:
computer_guns.jpg

Be aware of the GPS info embedded in the pics you take, hempgrowers are very carefull with that. :D
This is why you take pictures with a camera and not a phone so you never have to worry about that shit. Then again I have never posted any pictures online, ever, so I never have to worry about any of this. I have relatives who used to work in the national and international intelligence community so I think I know how to handle my security.

"If you aren't doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide."

The "social generation" has no idea why privacy is important. What is "sensitive" information? Most people cannot make that determination. It isn't about what you think is at risk, it is about what a criminal thinks they can get with it. If you don't KNOW, don't post it!

But alas, we're all singing the same song here. The socially obsessed avoid these kinds of details, and they even avoid our warnings.

[21CW]killerofall;1038775828 said:
This is why you take pictures with a camera and not a phone so you never have to worry about that shit. Then again I have never posted any pictures online, ever, so I never have to worry about any of this. I have relatives who used to work in the national and international intelligence community so I think I know how to handle my security.

Unless the camera also has GPS. ;)

Back