Opera 12.00 Beta

HardOCP News

[H] News
Anyone interested in trying out the new Opera 12.00 beta should head on over to the official site and get your download on.

Opera 12 beta has a host of exciting new features to make your browsing experience smoother and faster than ever. Highlights include:

• Enhanced performance and stability
  • New themes
  • Redesigned security badges
  • Camera and extensions APIs
  • Experimental hardware acceleration WebGL support
  • Discontinuing Opera Unite, Opera Widgets and Voice
  • Right-to-left scripts support
  • New web standards support

Sounds like some good improvements overall. Glad to see that they are dropping the widgets. Never really found them useful.

I do wish they would improve the stripped down version of bit-torrent integration they include, but then I'm probably a bit spoiled by utorrent.

I don't get how Opera still only lets you save one tab for your start up homepages! Firefox, Chrome,others, all do. I want more than one homepage to automatically load up when I start my browser. Am I missing something with Opera?

I don't get how Opera still only lets you save one tab for your start up homepages! Firefox, Chrome,others, all do. I want more than one homepage to automatically load up when I start my browser. Am I missing something with Opera?

The Speed Dial does what you want sorta. Just put the pages you want to often access, click click and go

I'm not sure why Opera is still around. Nothing personal against the product, it's just that the top players in the browser market have already been established, and Opera is not one of them.

In the end there's only so much you can do with a browser. If it displays web pages somewhat properly, these little features they add to differentiate themselves are just useless gimmicks.

Just my 2c

I'm not sure why Opera is still around. Nothing personal against the product, it's just that the top players in the browser market have already been established, and Opera is not one of them.

In the end there's only so much you can do with a browser. If it displays web pages somewhat properly, these little features they add to differentiate themselves are just useless gimmicks.

Just my 2c

they have their niches, they made the nintendo ds browser and the wii browser. they are also about a third of internet users in some countries.

Just my 2c

I find their mobile edition to be the best option for android browsing.

they have their niches, they made the nintendo ds browser and the wii browser. they are also about a third of internet users in some countries.

not to mention I much prefer Opera Mobile browser over Blackberry's default browser back when I had a Blackberry. Nobody else made Mobile browsers that would work on Blackberries at the time - about 3 years ago.

Just my 2c

You obviously have little experience with Opera.
It been my main for 2 years now, and I have all 4 browsers on my computer. Opera's interface (web page graphical zooming) and input system is WAY ahead of anyone else. It still boggles my mind that none of the other browsers feature mouse gestures standard.

Opera is the MOST unique browser on the market. If you dont think so, you haven't used it enough.

I've tinkered with the alpha.... its faster than any of the other browsers, but crashes occasionally on some flash sites. I'll check out the beta.

:rolleyes: mfw people say that the browser you use makes a huge difference in how you experience the web. I spent 90% of my web time reading text. The other 10% is spent on something else.

Don't know nothin about the mobile side of things.

Best browser out there on desktop. Faster than Chrome. Better than Firefox. Doesn't need extensions for doing little things.

Extra bonus: by using Opera, you're certain you're not the primary target for exploit writers.

On it now. Works well, very smooth. But it just has too many features, haha. I'm a minimalist. Prefer Firefox myself. I'll give Opera a try with this version though. Really liking the feel of it

I've been an Opera user since version 7 and love it. I find it fast, efficient, logical and with features just not available in the "big 3". I really like the side panel, the way it handles tabs, speed dial, mouse gestures for speedy one handed browsing and the real-time spell checker so you don't look like a idiot on [H] forums :p

Back