Apple Investigating New iPad Wi-Fi Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Apple is finally looking into the new iPad Wi-Fi problems and have instructed AppleCare to replace the affected units.

Besides the supposed third-generation iPad charging and overheating issues, the iPad WiFi issues were noted by the media during the past couple of weeks. Apple has taken notice and has admitted internally to some new iPad models having the WiFi issues described in numerous reports and on forum threads.

apple told me I was holding it wrong. Really. I was the guy who made those two youtube videos of the death grip.

Apple engineers - not the lowly tech support people but escalated to the engineers - literally told me I was holding it wrong... And that the wifi dropping was within spec or somehow acceptable. I can't pick the damn thing up and hold it in landscape mode! Useless.

Very disappointed with the way apple treated me, did nothing for me and said it wasn't a design flaw when it clearly was.

I was the guy who made those two youtube videos of the death grip. Apple engineers - not the lowly tech support people but escalated to the engineers - literally told me I was holding it wrong...
Sounds like they told you the truth. Why did this disappoint you?

Trippy, I was just trying to help my roommates girlfriend with her new iPad and read this. Her wi-fi is only usable if she's in the same room with the router. The older iPad she owns connects fine all over the house and outside.

While we are on the subject of buggy new iPads: why doesn't copy/paste work within the Safari browser anymore?

wonderfield, go watch the youtube video i made. you tell me if that's a "death grip" - just holding it in landscape mode means no internet. period.

Methinks this thread is not up to [H] Apple bashing standards.

Needs one of those nutjob apologists to come along an nonsensically defend it to whip up more dislike for some substandard product they bought. I think people just expect these things to be lacking in quality by now. It's not really surprising just same old, same old. :p

Don't have an apple product in the house and have no plans for one.

Begin the long death march to oblivion apple. Or hire me to replace jobs. I will simply test products and say they work or don't based on common fucking sense.

Back