Buy Spot In Line For An iPad On eBay

HardOCP News

[H] News
And you wonder why we make fun of people like this?!? Wow. This is just too damn funny. Here's a screenshot in case they pull the auction.

Last edited:
I took my place by mistake in the queue two days ago not realising it was the queue for the new Apple iPad 3 to be released in UK on 16th March. I don't require the position now as I am not an Apple fan and am therefore putting it up for sale to the highest bidder

So this guy just walks aimlessly around London and stands "in queue" just because everyone else is??? Why get in a line and wait for two frickin' days IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE WAITING IN LINE?! Doesn't this guy have a family who misses him at night and who also has a job? WOW

So this guy just walks aimlessly around London and stands "in queue" just because everyone else is??? Why get in a line and wait for two frickin' days IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE WAITING IN LINE?! Doesn't this guy have a family who misses him at night and who also has a job? WOW

I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing..
Not much of a salesman if he said "So I got in line early so I can get money from some smuck who would pay for it."

Someone hasn't heard of opportunity costs. He can't possibly have a job. Wonder what he'll do if ebay pulls the listing and he actually gets up to purchase the device.

"Sorry, can't buy it. Don't have the money."
"Now serving #5"

0 value in the wait in that case. :rolleyes:

Hahaha, just noticed this from the listing:

"Don't miss this great opportunity to be one of the first to get the revolutionary and much acclaimed and overpriced iPad 3"

Good chap.

what would be funny would be if someone else saw the ebay thing and tried to take the spot early so when the real buyer gets there the spot is gone.

What's hilarious is that people are not only bidding on a spot in line to buy the latest iteration of a name brand overpriced piece of electronic junk during a global recession, but that people are wasting a lot more money to buy the latest iteration of a name brand overpriced piece of electronic junk during a global recession.

78 pounds (what is that--about $110?) after 13 bids--hilarious--some might even say it was overpriced...;) Unless the bidding gets a lot better, this guy isn't going to make his money back.

Hahaha, just noticed this from the listing:

"Don't miss this great opportunity to be one of the first to get the revolutionary and much acclaimed and overpriced iPad 3"

Good chap.

Overpriced? It is pretty damn cheap for what it is offering. I just paid twice as much for a 30 inch monitor with less resolution. I just sold my iPAD 2 for 80% of what I originally paid for it an entire year ago to purchase the iPAD 3. Try that with an Android tablet - as soon as you buy it, it is obsolete because another model will be out 1 month later that is practically the same. Good luck with that. LOL.

What's hilarious is that people are not only bidding on a spot in line to buy the latest iteration of a name brand overpriced piece of electronic junk during a global recession, but that people are wasting a lot more money to buy the latest iteration of a name brand overpriced piece of electronic junk during a global recession.

Oh boo-hoo. I am am throwing a temper tantrum because a company I hate is doing better than any other company in America - but I think it is awesome being a mindless hater so I follow along so I can be one of the cool kids also.

Why? Couldn't you just place an order, or buy one the following day? What's the advantage?

Overpriced? It is pretty damn cheap for what it is offering. I just paid twice as much for a 30 inch monitor with less resolution. I just sold my iPAD 2 for 80% of what I originally paid for it an entire year ago to purchase the iPAD 3. Try that with an Android tablet - as soon as you buy it, it is obsolete because another model will be out 1 month later that is practically the same. Good luck with that. LOL.

Just because people will still overpay for your old iPad, doesn't mean that the new one isn't also over priced.

Reminds me of when I bought a car for the wife a few years ago. We where look for a minivan from a certain import car company, who's cars tend to hold thier value pretty well. Used prices were way to high, so we waited until it was the end of the model year. They where offering rebates, plus a good discount to clear current stock before the new models came out. The new price after the rebate was actually cheaper than some of the 1 year old used ones we had seen just the month before.

iPad is overpriced vs which tablet with the same specs?

1.png

People don't make $USD in the UK. Though trying to sell a spot in line for that little means this person must make no money at all.

78 pounds (what is that--about $110?) after 13 bids--hilarious--some might even say it was overpriced...;) Unless the bidding gets a lot better, this guy isn't going to make his money back.

iPad is overpriced vs which tablet with the same specs?

The ones with SD slots? :p

All of these tablets/smartphones are overpriced. Thats like walking into a suit store and saying "hey that suit isn't overpriced because it's $14000 because all the others are $10000!!!+".

It's still $500+ for a junky phone CPU/"GPU", tiny memory and miniscule low end flash drive, that you can only run "apps" on. Even the PSP vita has mostly higher specs, and is less than half to almost a quarter of the actual price of those things ($250 rather than $500 - $800). And can play proper games/load flash sites/has a godamned USB port.

Oh look apple hate ... New and original content. Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to?

The ones with SD slots? :p

All of these tablets/smartphones are overpriced. Thats like walking into a suit store and saying "hey that suit isn't overpriced because it's $14000 because all the others are $10000!!!+".

It's still $500+ for a junky phone CPU/"GPU", tiny memory and miniscule low end flash drive, that you can only run "apps" on. Even the PSP vita has mostly higher specs, and is less than half to almost a quarter of the actual price of those things ($250 rather than $500 - $800). And can play proper games/load flash sites/has a godamned USB port.

Not to get into the brimming flame war that apple topics always seem to produce around here, but what makes something overpriced? If the market will bear the pricing (and it's obvious it does, very successfully I'm fact), why wouldn't they price it there? Too many people seem to confuse personal valuation with market value.

Not to get into the brimming flame war that apple topics always seem to produce around here, but what makes something overpriced? If the market will bear the pricing (and it's obvious it does, very successfully I'm fact), why wouldn't they price it there? Too many people seem to confuse personal valuation with market value.

It's not like the market has not had 2 years to try and come up with a valid competitor, and thus far failed, either.

The ipad is still spanking the Android tablets. They know they need 9-10hour battery, the android's just fail here, the screen display is unreal.

If it's overpriced, anyone can go buy a $70 crap one on Amazon/ebay.

Think of it as a good solid reliable car, compared with 3rd party cars in india.

Had a co-worker go buy the new iPad today...he arrived at noon with no line and no wait, got the iPad version he wanted, and saw there were still hundreds available (the employees had cards to hand out to customers for each iPad in stock).

This was even at Valley Fair mall in the middle of Silicon Valley...

Back