Apple Pulls First Subscription-Based Game Portal

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In a surprising move to subscribers and the developer alike, Apple unceremoniously removed Big Fish Game’s subscription service from the App Store. After a lengthy approval process for the monthly fee service, Apple notified Big Fish Games, Inc. that the App had been pulled, offering no explanation for the removal after only five days in the App Store.

Thelen did concede that Apple was slow to convince that a monthly fee would work for games. “It took longer than usual to be approved.”

No surprise here....

Next weeks headline will be..

Apple's introduces revolutionary new monthly fee game service!!

Axe

I don't know why Big Fish wants to handle the subscription through Apple. They should do like I do and offer the app interface for free and charge for the service online. The moment you let Apple into your revenue stream you are fucked.

Big Fish Games should make a big stink, and announce they are full on developing only Android Games now. Use this ticket to get on CNN, Fox News, etc. Put a face out there and make Apple look the fool.

What sucks the most is that those people who made this app probably devoted a lot of time to make it. Now it's all gone.

I don't even think they'd do well with Android either. You guys of all people decry Zygna and other services that sell subscriptions to customers on Facebook all the time, but that's where their core customers usually are. Big Fish should stick with Facebook.

But anyways, if people want to buy subscription based games on iPhones and Android, that's their choice. Not sure why Apple pulled it. I'll reserve judgement until we hear Apple's side of the story.

I don't even think they'd do well with Android either. You guys of all people decry Zygna and other services that sell subscriptions to customers on Facebook all the time, but that's where their core customers usually are. Big Fish should stick with Facebook.

But anyways, if people want to buy subscription based games on iPhones and Android, that's their choice. Not sure why Apple pulled it. I'll reserve judgement until we hear Apple's side of the story.

Apple doesn't give their side of the story.

Try this: The [H] doesn't give Apple's side of the story.

I can give you an educated guess that it will just be lies and crap while crying like a little child. Then a load of self congratulary nonsense and silly weird claims to things they never did while waiting for their legions of fanboys to spread through the world and preach the gospel. Noone would actually want to read that. :p

Back