George Clooney, Noah Wyle Battling to Play Steve Jobs in Biopic

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Two of Hollywood’s heavy hitters are going head to head over Steve Jobs…..on screen. The screenplay isn’t written yet, nor has any date been set for the filming to begin, but with the success of the book that the movie is based upon, you can be sure it will be soon. And so, the fascination with Steve Jobs continues.

Quickly after Jobs passed away in October, Sony acquired the rights to the new biography of the Apple co-founder authored by Walter Isaacson. When the book went on sale later that month, it became an instant hit, and is already one of the top-selling titles of 2011.

Maybe the movie will enhance the image of Steve Jobs as much as it did for Mark Zuckerberg :D

I hate George Clooney and don't think he is a good actor at all....I would take Noah Wyle any day.

I Hope the movie is more like Citizen Kane than if they try to portray him as some sort of faultless demi-god, regardless of who they tap to play him.

Nahhh Clooney could never play someone as unlikable and whiny as Jobs.

Noah Wyle. He did a good job portraying his assholish behavior in Pirates of Silicon Valley.

I dont think they should pick any popular actors, they need to cast this with some new undiscovered talent .

Neither of these guys will do, will have to spend to much on cga to look like Jobs. Now if you went out and checked the back alleys of Hollywood I;m sure you could find a female cross dresser that could play the part nicely.

Every time I think of George Clooney a vision of the Soggy Bottom Boys pops into my head. :p

The%2BSoggy%2BBottom%2BBoys.jpg

Im surprised it took them this long to make a movie about Jobs.

CGI* ;) Not the dark days of computer monitors.

They need to make the movie about zombie Steve Jobs biting Zuckerberg and giving him the cancer. Take two self-serving, arrogant nerds out of this world.

So much hate. I don't understand the hate. The guy was brilliant. How ugly some people are.

Really? You're saying he wasn't a self serving asshole? Everyone else that worked with him thought so. Sure, a brilliant salesman. That's about it. The trendy hipsters seem to love and worship him.

Noah for it because of looks and past experience. But I think George will get it for the box-office draw.

I'm going to have to throw my hat into the ring. I absolutely adore Steve Jobs. He is a modern-day hero. He was one of the best people to ever live.

Clooney as Jobs? Mwahahahaha. Maybe they can get Woody Harrelson to play Bill Gates.

is noah wyle really one of "hollywood's heavy hitters?" i mean i really like him, but from the librarian made-for-tv movies and the failed falling skies show. not really hollywood heavy-hitter stuff if you ask me. either way not really interested in the movie.

is noah wyle really one of "hollywood's heavy hitters?" i mean i really like him, but from the librarian made-for-tv movies and the failed falling skies show. not really hollywood heavy-hitter stuff if you ask me. either way not really interested in the movie.

Same thing I was thinking when I read the title. Interesting to note that Wyle and Clooney worked together for a few years back on ER.

Back