10 Things Not to Buy on Black Friday

HardOCP News

[H] News
Since one of the busiest shopping days of the year is fast approaching, here's a list of 10 Things Not to Buy on Black Friday. Aside from the TV and non-bundled game consoles, what else should be on a tech-guy's "do-no-buy" list? Personally, I am using our commissioned buying links (here) and doing all my BF shopping online. :)

As we've suggested before, now is not the smartest time to buy a console that's several years old when two of the major names are planning refreshes in the next year. However, this advice is mainly geared toward people who already have a console and are thinking about replacing it. If you just can't wait to jump on the gaming bandwagon, you should at least make sure you're getting a sizeable free gift card or a few top-name game titles with your purchase.

Used turkey. I know it sounds like a good idea, but trust me, it doesn't work out well in the end.

black friday is pure hype. the free $200 (aol cancelfest) from compusa type deals are long gone. cybermonday/ slickdeals everyday/ or support y
our friendly hard forum online is better then playing retail trample-a-thon by fat house trolls before sunrise.

menards in wisconsin was good last year, we didnt even realize it was BF until we saw the deals.

black friday is pure hype. the free $200 (aol cancelfest) from compusa type deals are long gone. cybermonday/ slickdeals everyday/ or support y
our friendly hard forum online is better then playing retail trample-a-thon by fat house trolls before sunrise.

This. Black friday is for rubes. Marked up junk "slashed" in price, old crappy TVs and the overhyped items where there's 1 or 2 in stock.

There really is a sucker born every minute.

Another thing to add on the list: Don't buy anything from Gamestop on Black Friday/

Such bullshit prices.

ATTENTION EVERYONE IN MILWAUKEE:

Need a deal? Go to grand avenue mall on black friday. since the mall is dead, bankrupt and a dive you can get good discounts at their remaining stores lol. there is no lines, no people... however there are less stores now. its more of a mega food court now.

Really? a 2012 calendar is topping many wishlists? Why not say "You should not buy candy, because there are much better deals to have after halloween or easter"

Really? a 2012 calendar is topping many wishlists? Why not say "You should not buy candy, because there are much better deals to have after halloween or easter"

I think it would mildly amusing to present to someone a 2012 calendar as their first gift, before getting on to the real gifts. :D

I might go shopping that weekend for stuff I need. Everyone in my family is just going to get gift cards as they never know what they want.

All Im doing is going to Walmart, and picking up GoW3 for $28. Thats it!

All Im doing is going to Walmart, and picking up GoW3 for $28. Thats it!

Wow! I might let my wife drag me out on BF and be like look what I just found honey!

Thanks for the heads up and I'll probably be cussing you come the 26th around 6am... :D

I have neither in the past, or ever plan on in the future, shopped on "black Friday". Even IF there was a real deal to be had that was guaranteed to never come up again, you couldn't pay me to play that whole "get up super early/ wait in line to get in/ fight other shoppers" routine we hear happens.

Let someone else be the sucker.

I have neither in the past, or ever plan on in the future, shopped on "black Friday". Even IF there was a real deal to be had that was guaranteed to never come up again, you couldn't pay me to play that whole "get up super early/ wait in line to get in/ fight other shoppers" routine we hear happens.

Let someone else be the sucker.

I did it once with a friend, but we ended up leaving not buying anything because the line stretched all around the building with only a few cashiers(midnight thing).

I'm seriously thinking about shopping midnight this year just for the people-watching (laugh-at-the-retards-swinging-the-sharp-elbows-for-crap-merchandise) factor.

Back