iPhone 4S Users: No Audio on Outgoing Calls

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not picking on Apple here, I just want to know how you miss a bug like this? Seriously, no audio on outgoing calls?

Picked up a Verizon iPhone 4S - 32GB and on about 1 in 10 calls I get no outbound audio when dialing. Call shows the timer counting as if the call is progressing but absolutely no ring back and cannot hear the party on the other end when they answer.

Don't worry the iPhone 5 will "fix" this "feature", or hell maybe they will make it an actual thing you can enable/disable and try to market it as something new and amazing.

That could be their network. I get calls like that on AT&T everyonce in a while. It's technology, you learn to live with it... instead of writing end of the world articles you just call them again :D

/sarcasm on

I shudder, and can only imagine how the apple gods are looking unfavorably at the individuals who are questioning their ultimate wisdom...

/sarcasm off

Note : Sarcasm notifiers used to point out to apple followers not to count me as one of them.

"I'm not picking on Apple here". That's all this site ever does when it comes to Apple. If your going to be an anti-apple fanboy at least own it.

Can we just open a new news forum called "Apple LOL" and separate it from top news? At this point it deserves its out subforum with how much you and Steve post about them.

Why are you trying to make phone calls with an iPhone? Silly person. It is a Facebook\Twitter\iTunes\Angry Birds\iWorship device. The LAST thing you should be doing is trying to make phone calls. :rolleyes:

Do you guys giggle and high-5 every time you post some hearsay article about a bug that only a minority of people experience with Apple products?

"I'm not picking on Apple here". That's all this site ever does when it comes to Apple. If your going to be an anti-apple fanboy at least own it.

So this issue impacts many of our iPhone owning readers and we should NOT report on it because it hurts your feelings? That's pretty selfish.

Anyhow, for the 2 bajillionth time, we don't make the news, we report it. :rolleyes:

As I posted elsewhere,

Not a faulty phone? Isn't one of the trouble with using Sprint and Verizon on a data phone that you cannot use data and voice at the same time? Sounds like something involving data isn't letting voice take over when calls come in.

Steve does have one of those crappy iphones (4 I think?). Which is why he should get teased moar over it :D

Heres an idea, dont read the article. Its a rather simple concept, I apply it every day when I see things on menus I dont want to eat, but you dont see me complaining to the chef about it.

complainers.

and Siri being a threat - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1649665

I don't think the trouble is you posting about them, but that uninformed forum posters are allowed to post vitriol without repercussion. It's almost to a point where there's an anti-cult cult and nobody realizes it. The irony ;)

I don't mind the news posts. Like you said, it's news and you're informing everyone.

.....back on topic please.

If you want to complain about our Apple posts, do it in GenMay, not in the news forum.

I've had a similar problem with my 3GS for as long as I've owned it (little over two years). The problem is most noticeable when connecting to my car's hands-free via Bluetooth. Often times I'll dial out a call using the phone interface (not through the car) and the call timer will start, but there is no audible ringing tones. Eventually someone will say hello, but there is never any ringing. Occasionally I will also not be able to hear the person on the other end of the line. I don't think this is an iOS 5 or 4S-specific issue.

I was trying to call M$ support today because some cockbag hacked my account and bought MS points.. and I thought M$ support were just being douchebags and hanging up on me... I've never had this issue with anyone else. But it happened with them 2x in a row... or they're douches.

Well glad I haven't experienced this.
Went from att to verizon and things couldn't be better :). No more dropped calls a better signal where I previously barely had any.

(nyc btw)

Steve does have one of those crappy iphones (4 I think?). Which is why he should get teased moar over it :D

Yeah, seriously I get more turned off by these forums every time I look at the news section and every article relating to apple is just filled with stupid comments. The bias just blows my mind every time. I would expect a more objective response to stuff like this, just like everyone does in every other non-apple related thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the piss poor battery life, Siri working only when she feels like it, and face time practically never working, this doesn't surprise me one bit. My 4s is nice, but it is certainly not without its problems.

Can we just open a new news forum called "Apple LOL" and separate it from top news? At this point it deserves its out subforum with how much you and Steve post about them.

UFj9V.png

I kinda want to now. After all, there'd be NO shortage of material for that kind of site...

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave thinking, "You're listening to it wrong!" :D

Yeah, seriously I get more turned off by these forums every time I look at the news section and every article relating to apple is just filled with stupid comments. The bias just blows my mind every time. I would expect a more objective response to stuff like this, just like everyone does in every other non-apple related thread.

This is quiet news time right now. With bulldozer being crap, and Intel not releasing any CPUs for a few months (SB-E being next) then piledriver not coming out for 9+/2 years. Which means the boards are going to be ddr3/sata3/usb3. then nvidia/AMD not coming out with any GPUs until 2012 and mobile phones being standardized, major consoles not coming out for 2 more years/game lull after BF3 before skyrim. Means PC tech is going to be like this for a short while unless there is something surprising or shocking. So all news posting is going to have to be mostly be fluff/speculation and filler during this period. Because of that I think there is a kind of uneasiness and people kind of get less distracted and turn on the more fluffy (apple) posts more than normal. :D

My Samsung Charge does this on rare occasion as well. I wonder if it's Verizon, or just one of those shit happens scenarios.

I've noticed the outbound and inbound call glitch and figured it was sprint since I was having the same issue with my HTC Touch Pro 2 as well.

The one thing that makes me laugh the most about this so called "Front Page News" is the fact the mods post an article every time Apple takes a shit or something goes wrong, but fail to post real technology news that actually interest people.

Jeez there are a bunch of apple haters in these forums and stupid comedians with their lame you're listening to it wrong jokes...

Not a faulty phone? Isn't one of the trouble with using Sprint and Verizon on a data phone that you cannot use data and voice at the same time? Sounds like something involving data isn't letting voice take over when calls come in.
That sounds logical. If I follow the AT&T adds, CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) does not allow simultaneous voice/data usage. Probably has something to do like the Apple constantly monitoring their iSheeple flock and interrupting their talking. Oops.

This is quiet news time right now. With bulldozer being crap, and Intel not releasing any CPUs for a few months (SB-E being next) then piledriver not coming out for 9+/2 years. Which means the boards are going to be ddr3/sata3/usb3. then nvidia/AMD not coming out with any GPUs until 2012 and mobile phones being standardized, major consoles not coming out for 2 more years/game lull after BF3 before skyrim. Means PC tech is going to be like this for a short while unless there is something surprising or shocking. So all news posting is going to have to be mostly be fluff/speculation and filler during this period. Because of that I think there is a kind of uneasiness and people kind of get less distracted and turn on the more fluffy (apple) posts more than normal. :D
Good call.

That sounds logical. If I follow the AT&T adds, CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) does not allow simultaneous voice/data usage. Probably has something to do like the Apple constantly monitoring their iSheeple flock and interrupting their talking. Oops.

Or their notification service isn't "letting go".

Browse the android support forums and then bitch about this "oversight."

Do you guys giggle and high-5 every time you post some hearsay article about a bug that only a minority of people experience with Apple products?
3 words: It. Just. Works.

And when it doesn't work, we get to laugh at the company that said "It just works".

If hes going to be an "anti-apple fanboy" im sure he wouldnt be buying an iPhone 4S :rolleyes:

Most of the threads posted in "hot news" are hardly EVER top news.

Back