Serious Sam 3: BFE Weapons Trailer

Oh, and you can carry all of them at once. :)

I've never played a serious same game so maybe I don't get it, but why do the enemies seem so static or dumb? Some get hit with a rocket and just stand there, quirting blood everywhere, no hit-back... and that spider's legs fall off when you kill it? Very strange looking characters and behaviour in this game... seems fun, still, don't get me wrong, just kinda... well... I'll wait till I play it to make any more judgements

I've never played a serious same game so maybe I don't get it, but why do the enemies seem so static or dumb? Some get hit with a rocket and just stand there, quirting blood everywhere, no hit-back... and that spider's legs fall off when you kill it? Very strange looking characters and behaviour in this game... seems fun, still, don't get me wrong, just kinda... well... I'll wait till I play it to make any more judgements

Guess the best way to put it is SS is more of a quantity vs quality game. :p

Ahhh I can't wait.

No regenerating heath. No weapon carry limit. No gay ass unlock system. Just straight up balls to the wall PC gaming, lawn-mower style. I want this game so bad!

why aim down the sight? that kinda makes it weird to me.

it doesn't seem Serious enough that way.

Serious Sam has ALWAYS been known for mayhem not for smart AI. The point is to overwhelm you!

Yeah....the enemy AI may not be the greatest, but when 2000 of them are charging straight at you and there's nowhere to hide, they don't have to be that smart. :)

Oh, and we totally need a joker skin mod:

whysoserioussam.jpg

Last edited:
This is a useful table to indicate what the unique enemy death animation will be when they are hilled with one of these "unique" weapons.

pistol Heavy arterial spray
cannon Heavy arterial spray
sledgehammer Heavy arterial spray
laser Heavy arterial spray
mutilator Heavy arterial spray
rocket Heavy arterial spray
shotgun Heavy arterial spray
mini-gun Heavy arterial spray
C4 Heavy arterial spray

See a patern?

Here's an Idea, rather than include redundant weapons like a shotgun and a street-sweeper why not spend some time on different death animations?

I'll make to make time between my unhealthily long Skyrim sprees to fit this in. It looks amazing.

Been waiting for this! Was very disappointed when they pushed back the release, but it's coming around.

Glad I didn't get Rage to fill in the void! :eek:

I think their engine is pretty good to work with and relatively light on resources, hope it catches on.

I recently finished SS FE HD and SS SE HD on the serious 3 engine, can't wait to play SS3

This game is going to show everyone what DNF should have been.

This thing is going to kick serious ass all the way.

Man, is this still now out yet?

I played a demo of it at an Alienware demo and when using vsync the game was stuck at 30FPS. Not sure if that had anything to do with 3D drivers on the machine but I thought it was odd.

The demo wasn't really overwhelming and when some of the bad guys got close enough you could grab them and hit them; one guy you'd rip out his eyeball. It was pretty fun.

After hours of playing SS, I go to sleep hearing the bomb guys screaming "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

[snip]
Here's an Idea, rather than include redundant weapons like a shotgun and a street-sweeper why not spend some time on different death animations?

that will be part of the first DLC.

anyway, hope this will be a good one without recharging health. also, I like "no cover, all man". and the destructive environments better be really destructive and not just a few columns that will collapse.

After hours of playing SS, I go to sleep hearing the bomb guys screaming "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

DITTO!

Gets the adrenaline flowing doesn't it? :D

-

What AI? They just beeline to you that's all the AI you need. ;)

That and running backwards.

doesnt look like the cannon balls bounce or continue. they just explode on impact.

i dont remember that in the original SS. i coulda swore i remember the cannon balls plowing through enemies.. bahhh, either way, cant wait. love SS

You could actually run through a cannon ball that had lost all its momentum, it was not an actual object. Anyway I hope it can take out more than one enemy, that was one of the strong points. Originals were so much fun in the huge corridors, trying to conserve ammo and use best weapons for an are. really hoping they include a lot of the same.

doesnt look like the cannon balls bounce or continue. they just explode on impact.
They only explode on impact when they hit a tough enough enemy, like that big red thing. It was the same in SS1. Looks like there's a flash when they tear through something smaller, but it's definitely not the same huge explosion you see when the thing actually blows up. The cannonball's still there, you just can't see it through all the gore :p .

Erm is it me or do all the weapons seem to have the same level of power?

As in BLAMMM - SPLAT!

I couldn't see the difference between the pistol or the machine gun etc.

Erm is it me or do all the weapons seem to have the same level of power?

As in BLAMMM - SPLAT!

I couldn't see the difference between the pistol or the machine gun etc.

It's you unless they've radially changed things in this release.

Yes. Sam is awesome. I hope this is more like Serious Sam TFE & TSE...those are fond memories of total insanity!

Hopefully those blood/gib effects are placeholders, because they look really crappy compared to the rest of the graphics...

Looks like fun, though.

Back