Man Gets Smartphone Dock Built Into Prosthetic Arm

HardOCP News

[H] News
You have to hand it to this guy, building a smartphone dock into his prosthetic arm is genius. He needs to ditch that Nokia and get an ARM powered Android phone. :)

Trevor contacted Apple to try and get hold of a blank iPhone casing to test it out, but he said the communications giant refused to co-operate.

You have to hand it to this guy, building a smartphone dock into his prosthetic arm is genius. He needs to ditch that Nokia and get an ARM powered Android phone. :)

It says he tried to do it with an iPhone (which is ARM based, afterall, Apple was one of the original partner companies that created ARM in the first place), but Apple wasn't willing to help the same way Nokia was.

Maybe they wanted to go with the best mobile hardware folks instead of cheap Chinese stuff, Apples included. Nokia's stuff is still made in Europe.

It says he tried to do it with an iPhone (which is ARM based, afterall, Apple was one of the original partner companies that created ARM in the first place), but Apple wasn't willing to help the same way Nokia was.

That's because Apple has already trademarked the iARM,but it only comes in one color and one size.
Besides it would have cost him twice as much :)

Seriously...what is wrong with Apple. Here they have a great chance to lock up a market of people who probably be loyal to the day they die..instead, they piss all over them.

Seriously...what is wrong with Apple. Here they have a great chance to lock up a market of people who probably be loyal to the day they die..instead, they piss all over them.

Because everyone knows they are fucking douchebags?

That's because Apple has already trademarked the iARM,but it only comes in one color and one size.
Besides it would have cost him twice as much :)

Only performs the bird gesture, and a stroking motion. All other helpful hand movements are locked out from the end user.

Couldn't he have just used a wristband/armband phone holder with his existing prosthetic?

I'm SUPER surprised.

Most likely because Apple will now "innovate" and "invent" this on their own. They'll soon release the revolutionary and magical iArm...

Why should he ditch the Nokia? That C7 is a great phone in my opinion.

:) couldn't help myself...I got the "hand it to you" "ARM" and the "Android" all in one post. I have nothing against the Nokia, it just worked into the joke ;)

He couldn't get that hook grabber thing replaced with a blue-tooth voice activated lazer, or chainsaw?

Standard of Practice for them, I'm afraid.

If you are in the toilet as far as Nokia is, you'll do almost anything for attention. Really.

Would be cooler if he modded in some firepower instead. What's the point of having a cybernetic limb unless you can shoot stuff with it? Unless he's planning on using the phone as a remote sentry control... Is there an app for that yet?

As I clicked the link I expected to read about the extra battery backup time the "dock" would provide him....

...looks like they came up shorthanded on this one.

Back