EA Sues EA

HardOCP News

[H] News
Electronic Arts is suing Energy Armor because the company's logo is too similar. Hell, I'd sue them just for selling those goofy ass volcanic ash bracelets. :D Here's a video of the bracelets (with offending logo).

In a complaint filed recently, Electronic Arts said that Energy Armor advertises its health and fitness products by associating them with sports and professional athletes, "which is similar to how Electronic Arts advertises and markets its EA Sports products," the complaint says.

This seems legitimate...and I can't see electronic art's lawyers not winning...It's very similar, and you could see how someone would be confused by the two... The energy armor designers are lazy idiot morons apparently.

the power of the mind =/= volcanic ash. 10 to 1 they'd get similar results if the bracelets were filled with dog poop...

their logo are quite similar, this seems like a better sue case than some other ones going on.

EAvsEA.jpg

Hopefully these will be banned in the Olympics so as not to give anyone an unfair advantage...

Seriously, again and again I am amazed at both the genius and stupidity that can be found within the human race.

Yep, I can't fault EA for this one; that and I hate companies that sell stupid shit like this. Though, I hate stupid people who buy stupid shit even more.

Seriously, again and again I am amazed at both the genius and stupidity that can be found within the human race.
They wouldn't be making them if they weren't selling well. The sellers are smart, it's the buyers who are stupid.

really they should be sued for selling this snake oil, all they do is move their hand 1 2 inches closer to your torso on their 2nd pull on your arm and most ppl will be able to resist that quite easily.

Negative ion bracelets are essential to daily activity.

Negative ions from electric equipment make me happy.

Buuut. If you had a giant peice of volcanic ash on a skyscraper in the city would it suck up all the negative ions and stop lightning storms :eek:

If I was Electronic Arts, I'd take all the exposure I could get even if it was through another company.

10 to 1 they'd get similar results if the bracelets were filled with dog poop...

You, sir, are missing a prime business opportunity.

I was expecting this to be a frivolous lawsuit, but after seeing the logo I say sue, sue away!

God what has the world come to? We're all siding with EA on something.

As for the bands, how is that even legal to sell? That is the biggest load of dog squeeze Ive ever seen in my life! But then again, anybody stupid enough to buy one, deserves one.

Yeah I'm going to say fuck you to EA (Arts version :D) on this one... seriously you suing because they're using the same acronym? The angle on the lettering is all different in both cases, EA1 is connected where as EA2 isn't, there's a fucking lightning bolt in EA2s, and really... this is fucking stupid

Now what's also fucking stupid is all these bracelets and neck bullshit things ball players are wearing that give them "healing energy" or whatever mumbo jumbo bullshit thing there is... shit piss fuck.

I want Electronic Arts to win just to put these snake oil shysters out of business. Fuck your volcanic, and fuck your negative ions.

Got to agree. Other than both of them consisting of an E and A, there really isn't that much similarity.

Also agree. Completely different font type and one has additional words.

Can't copy right the alphabet..........or can you???

montyburns3.jpg

Also your approval or dissaproval of the product being sold is irrelavent to them being bullied by a larger party.

The sad thing is I personally know people who really buy into this crap, I see them at the gym all the time, if not made by these people ones other companies (yes there are several manufacturers of this nonsense.) make.
The first company who made these things was essentially shut down by the ftc after several studies showed that they don't do anything even on a placebo level.

Imo ea should grind these bastards into dust and do the whole world a favor.

I really think they look similar, and this product is a worthless waste of money. Why is it legal to advertise a product as having effects that haven't been conclusively proven? American advertising laws really crack me up.

It's a moment of truth for the Energy guys, whether the negative energy thing works or not. If it works, they'll win. If not, they'll lose.

lol that is kind of funny.

Though I am against these type of stupid lawsuits. Just because the logo looks similar does not really do any harm to EA in any shape or form. They just found an opportunity to make a bunch of free cash. That's all these type of lawsuits really do. How is a company suppose to know that their logo looks similar to another company's? There are millions of other companies and logos out there, it's just impossible to check them all. EA may be a well known company to people like us, but perhaps these guys never heard of them, who knows.

That said, I always found those stupid bracelets hilarious. I can't believe people actually fall for that crap.

They look too different to be making a fuss about. Side by side they are major differences. Everybody is so sue happy. Lame.

I guess no one remembers the early 90s when ESPN sued EA over EASN, the original name of EA Sports. It was similar enough to cause confusion, thus why EA lost.

This is stupid ea is a company of snakes, sue someone over a logo is stupid they donot look that much a like

You never know. Those idiots buying those bands might not buy a PC game since the logos are so similar.

I put on of these negative ion energy bracelets on and you know what? I shit my pants. They were that good.

I'd sue them just for selling those goofy ass volcanic ash bracelets.
+1 million

Those are the stupidest things I have ever seen.
Those people really are buying that crap? omg... :eek:

it scares me the amount of stupid people in this world who buy this BS crap bracelets.

it is your typical mind over matter BS, you put something on and you "think" you feel better because you are mind washed to think you are feeling better.

Just try having a business, let's say you run beer tours through Bavaria, call it Introducing the Beers of Munich, shorten it to IBM and see how long till the lawyers own you.

EA should have EA as a trademark. Which EA got to the Patent and Trademark office first?

Wait, I can't watch that whole thing, so "negative ions" are the new magnets? Fuck. This is why I can't watch TV or listen to the radio.

I'd say my apathy just kicked up another notch, but the words apathy, kick and up don't really work together.

Fuck but I hope EA wins and the court costs drive these shyster assholes to get real jobs... With their proven skill set, somewhere in customer service flipping burgers or wrapping up tacos shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I lament for the brains of our fellow citizens. That's why the zombies aren't here. They'd starve.

Back