The New Yorker Attempts to Identify Bitcoin Creator

HardOCP News

[H] News
The New Yorker has set out to uncover the identity of the creator of Bitcoin. I'm not really sure why they want to know so bad, does it make a difference who created it?

I then took one more opportunity to question him and to explain all the reasons that I suspected his involvement. Clear responded that his work for Allied Irish Banks was brief and “of no importance.” He admitted that he was a good programmer, understood cryptography and appreciated the Bitcoin design. But, he said, economics had never been a particular interest of his. “I’m not Satoshi,” Clear said. “But even if I was I wouldn’t tell you.”

According to https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto?

Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of Bitcoin and initial creator of the Original Bitcoin client. He has said in a P2P foundation profile[1] that he is from Japan. Beyond that, not much else is known about him and his identity. He has been working on the Bitcoin project since 2007.[2]

His involvement in the Bitcoin project had tapered and by late 2010 it has ended. The most recent messages reportedly indicate that Satoshi is "gone for good

I guess The New Yorker is looking to see where he went. He probably cashed out a zillion bitcoins and is living on a secluded island somewhere.. perhaps Monster Island which is near Japan

ChronologyConnundrumsPhoto4a.jpg

Reactions: Santa
like this
And when they find him, they should ask him to lower the difficulty.

I guess The New Yorker is looking to see where he went. He probably cashed out a zillion bitcoins and is living on a secluded island somewhere.. perhaps Monster Island which is near Japan

ChronologyConnundrumsPhoto4a.jpg

But it isn't a ponzi scheme, oh no! He just created a deflationary system where early adopters make huge gains, and then peaced out after it took off... :rolleyes:

Pft, old media.

You say that, except the New Yorker is doing the most critical and difficult part of covering news- the actual reporting.

Anyone can write their opinion on a blog. Investigation is the hard part, everyone should bite their tongues when it comes to that and pray we discover a new means for reporters to make money. Internet "news" doesn't cut it yet.

You say that, except the New Yorker is doing the most critical and difficult part of covering news- the actual reporting.

Anyone can write their opinion on a blog. Investigation is the hard part, everyone should bite their tongues when it comes to that and pray we discover a new means for reporters to make money. Internet "news" doesn't cut it yet.

QFT

I can't remember what recent movie it was, but they've got a great line that goes something like "blogging isn't journalism, it's graffiti with grammar"... The echo chamber of news coverage and blogging on the net seems to forget it's foundation more and more every day.

Back