10 Years Ago Today

HardOCP News

[H] News
As part of our site redesign, we added a 10 years ago today button so that you guys could take a trip down memory lane with a click of a button. I absolutely love this feature, except for the fact that I was a no show for work on this very day back in 2001. Whoops! :eek:

Uh dunno what happened to Steve and the news. I just woke up after working till about 4 this morning and I am gettin some news together now. Sorry about that.

For those of you that are wondering, Steve is safe and tucked away at his casa. He has lost his cable modem and phone service. They are still digging up his street. The rumors about a horrible fisting accident hold no truth....not that we know anyway.

Wow... This really takes me back to a fun time in my life. Overclocking and having fun. Before the IT world made me hate coming home and playing with real computers.

Great feature.

Funny thing, Steve. I remember reading that post the REAL day it posted.

I hear you on the post above, this takes me back before I was truly jaded from now what has been 12+ years in IT. Thank god for places like [H] and the community or I fear this hobby may not be any fun anymore. Man that takes me back. LOL! KT133 oh man!

Reminds me of that drop down menu [H] used to have with that effect when you moused over it. Can't remember when that was, maybe T-Bird 900 days? Anyway, thanks for the Delorean button its cool :)

Ah I remember that! I also remember the picture Steve posted a few days later with the large tan and burnt orange digging machine behind his wood fence.

Ah I remember that! I also remember the picture Steve posted a few days later with the large tan and burnt orange digging machine behind his wood fence.

I remember that too! Heh, not many web sites I was on 10 years ago that I still visit today.

What are you going to do when Dec 25th rolls around? The archive for the 25-27 Dec 2001 is missing.

Thanks Steve, I Feel old, i remember when i was 15, i used to play of game's and was in high school, i remember having a Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti500 them was the good days for me. but had alot of good times to high school was some good time's

so Thanks for that to Steve :)

Scary that I remember this from 10 years ago and resulting shit flipping that occurred. I am glad I'm no longer working where I was back then...

Oh God, I remember buying my Vantec 6035D all copper HSF and being all giddy about putting it on my AMD K6-2 550.

Christ.

The rumors about a horrible fisting accident hold no truth....not that we know anyway.

:eek:

Since then, Steve has wised up and macro'ed the "snooze" button on his android phone to begin posting stories he had tucked away for just such an occassion.

I remember that too! Heh, not many web sites I was on 10 years ago that I still visit today.

Another excellent point. The only two that are still in my favorites from 10 years ago are Hard & Anand... I would count MSN, but that is just because the first time it popped up as my home page, I liked it and have never, ever thought about changing it...

Since then, Steve has wised up and macro'ed the "snooze" button on his android phone to begin posting stories he had tucked away for just such an occassion.

Isn't that why sometimes you get the duplicates :D

In respect of the time, the site should have a yahoo groups style skin applied... Damnit I miss geocities and stuff like that...even though I was really really young...back then people used to make their own sites...it used to be the internet felt like it was full of weirdos with weird crap you could find, like an easter egg hunt of things you didn't quite want to open... But it's kind of become all homogenized and facebooked. It's full of normal people and white sites where everythings done for you... I miss the notepad made things by people not really know what the hell they were doing, which made it much more personal.

/rant...

You can still stroke the [H]ard|Menu over at archive.org, you know

Back