Facebook Bans Google+ Ad

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
An enterprising young App developer found a unique way to promote himself on Google+. Michael Lee Johnson placed an ad on Facebook, picture and all, much to the displeasure of Facebook management who not only removed the ad, but his account as well.

"We may refuse ads at any time for any reason, including our determination that they promote competing products or services or negatively affect our business or relationship with our users.”

It's pretty amusing how FB is anti anything Google+ but yet if I recall you can use that fb friend finder app to log into GMail and extract all your contacts to find more FB people... scared much Zucky?

He's done something that many people have strived many years to do. Using many different angles and ploys and through much suffering, yet many have failed in it's persuit. He has finally become the first person to have an account deleted off facebook :eek: (unless they misquoted and they still are hanging on to all his info SS no. address CC numbers, photos etc. as per usual)

He's done something that many people have strived many years to do. Using many different angles and ploys and through much suffering, yet many have failed in it's persuit. He has finally become the first person to have an account deleted off facebook :eek: (unless they misquoted and they still are hanging on to all his info SS no. address CC numbers, photos etc. as per usual)

that is an amazing to have it deleted, but in reality it's probably kept alive in some stasis hell deep in the dungeons of the fb servers.

If Google+ had ads, do you think you would see Facebook ads? Didn't think so. I don't see what is so amazing about this, since when do you try to promote a competing product?

Wow, that's pretty lame. Banning an ad, that somebody paid for, promoting their profile on a competing site. I could almost understand yanking the ad, but then banning the guy's account? That seems a bit harsh and uncalled for. You're only giving the guy more ammunition to go after FB. He's already proven to be enterprising enough to find creative ways to promote his Google+ profile, so I imagine this will only increase his desire to hit back at FB. Plus, being that reactionary only shows how scared FB must be of G+.

Wow, that's pretty lame. Banning an ad, that somebody paid for, promoting their profile on a competing site. I could almost understand yanking the ad, but then banning the guy's account? That seems a bit harsh and uncalled for. You're only giving the guy more ammunition to go after FB. He's already proven to be enterprising enough to find creative ways to promote his Google+ profile, so I imagine this will only increase his desire to hit back at FB. Plus, being that reactionary only shows how scared FB must be of G+.
Yea cause I'm sure Kyle wouldn't mind if some competing sites advertised here right?

I would almost guarantee that Google would have done the same in this situation ;).

whats with all the facebook hate. I use facebook like once a month, so i'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but i just dont understand why everyone hates facebook. Google is as bad as facebook or any other large corportation. However, it seems that hard users hate on the popular, iphone, apple, facebook, ipad....

Back