Gears 3 and Dues Ex Leaked

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently it has been quite the week for game leaks. First Dues Ex, then Gears of War 3. The developers are plenty pissed and the hunt is on to catch the people behind the leaks. Although the clips are being yanked as fast as they are being posted, there is plenty of footage of both games on YouTube. :(

Microsoft and Square Enix are on the warpath over the unapproved leak of their AAA titles on the internet. Square Enix has already identified the source of their Deus Ex: Human Revolution leak to 15 Italian nationals, and are already pressing charges.

DX:HR got a gold leak? Or are they talking about the beta leak awhile back?

This is why Developers are abandoning PC gaming, for the safety of consoles.

Oh wait...

console leaks and most likely pc will get the blame. Wasn't square not that mad about the leak because it was creating more hype?

You should be flogged for not spelling Deus Ex correctly :p

I really am looking forward to the actual release of the game LEGITLY, it looks rather good from the videos of gameplay I've seen, this has great potential to be the best Deus Ex game yet.

Someone gets the login/pass to someones steam account who has a pre-released copy and thats Steam's fault?

I thinks it is more along the line of "Hey, you approved the download of this. Help us track down who downloaded it."

The Deus Ex leak made me upgrade from buying the regular version with a discount to preorder/launch buy the augmented edition.

I just preordered it too. There is a SEVERE lack of games in the Cyberpunk-esque setting these days. I've been replaying all my old favorites for so long, it will be SO nice to finally get some new content. Looks like they're doing an excellent job too so far.

Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time, so this was bound to have been bought sooner or later. Of course there was skepticism due to DX 2, but that leak answered many questions.

Just haven't actually pulled the trigger yet because I'm deciding whether to pay more for the boxed version to get hard copies of the bonuses and pay the extra cost due to taxes.

I hate to say it but this is a good thing. They'll need to realize punishing PC customers because "PC = the h4xX0r p!|2473z" is dumb and piracy will happen regardless. Their DRMs are getting to the point where it isn't saving lost sales but pushing customers from buying altogether.

DX:HR got a gold leak? Or are they talking about the beta leak awhile back?

This concerns the preview/beta build. Although they have been welcoming the positive reception and feedback amongst those who have played the game, Square Enix have taken (ninja) action against those who leaked the game.

Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time

Same here, Deus Ex rocked. I even thought Invisible War wasn't too bad. A definite step down but still better than most games.

I preordered Deus Ex HR, I figured it was a no-brainer after seeing the screen shots and premise.

[UPS] Sorce;1037483126 said:
This is why Developers are abandoning PC gaming, for the safety of consoles.

Oh wait...

lol..good1 ;)

Well, the console games that get leaked onto torrent sites and whatnot could still be the work of us "evil" PC gamers. ;)

God forbid if PC gaming ever dies, all the PC pirates that hurt our beloved platform would just flock to the consoles and pirate from there.

If playing pirated games on consoles were as easy as downloading and burning the ISO onto a blank disc, piracy rates would be far higher than they are now, probably close to or even exceeding PC piracy rates. Console gamers are not more moral and righteous than PC gamers. They just don't bother to pirate because its too hard for most of them, if they could, they would!

Go Square, have those Italians forbiden by law to use any computer with a more powerful chip than a 486.

Well, the console games that get leaked onto torrent sites and whatnot could still be the work of us "evil" PC gamers. ;)

God forbid if PC gaming ever dies, all the PC pirates that hurt our beloved platform would just flock to the consoles and pirate from there.

If playing pirated games on consoles were as easy as downloading and burning the ISO onto a blank disc, piracy rates would be far higher than they are now, probably close to or even exceeding PC piracy rates. Console gamers are not more moral and righteous than PC gamers. They just don't bother to pirate because its too hard for most of them, if they could, they would!

It's way easier to pirate a console game. No need for cheesy cracks that may or may not work (or contain viruses, etc). If you have the right DVDDL's, and firmware, you're pretty much done - download and play.

It's way easier to pirate a console game. No need for cheesy cracks that may or may not work (or contain viruses, etc). If you have the right DVDDL's, and firmware, you're pretty much done - download and play.

*edit* I should say, I'm referring to the 360 here. Not the PS3 or Wii.

Psshhh...all the cool kids play straight from a harddrive. 360 included.

Companies need to take there own personal security more seriously rather than just focusing on outside elements. Disgruntled employee's can be a serious threat if not dealt with properly. I would imagine Square Enix is not that great to work for .. with how they handled the latest FF MMO many of the developers at that studio including project leaders were very upset with how Square Enix force it out the door barely in a beta state.

From what I've heard about Epic they grind there employee's pretty hard as well , it only takes one person and lax security restrictions.

Companies need to take there own personal security more seriously rather than just focusing on outside elements. Disgruntled employee's can be a serious threat if not dealt with properly. I would imagine Square Enix is not that great to work for .. with how they handled the latest FF MMO many of the developers at that studio including project leaders were very upset with how Square Enix force it out the door barely in a beta state.

From what I've heard about Epic they grind there employee's pretty hard as well , it only takes one person and lax security restrictions.

Good point.

Day-es, not deuce, dues, or dooce.

It is actually day-oos. A lot of online resources fuck up the Latin. Wait till you learn the very fact that you probably have been saying "often" incorrectly too. Here,this is better than spelling it: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVlcbTPOu-E"]YouTube - ‪How To Pronounce Deus Ex Machina‬‏[/ame]

Developing a AAA title with a multi-million dollar budget? Maybe you should stop mailing out copies of your game. Make the magazines comes to your door.

Those suspected of chronic abuse of copyright laws will face penalties. Multiple warnings are supposed to be followed up by one of several responses that ISPs can choose from, such as throttling down an accused user's Web-connection speed to blocking them from surfing the Web altogether.

Once again Consumer protection / Civil rights groups have been working around the clock

The leaks won't affect sales I am sure. Not the least bit. GoW2 was leaked and still sold a ton. Console/PC bickering aside, no one likes having their work stolen.

After seeing that PC gaming accounts for 1/3 of all video games sales (in NA I think), that is a hefty chunk for 1 platform. A lot of us *do pay* for video games, and its asshats like these groups that bring everyone down.

I've already pre-ordered Deus Ex: HR on Steam. The only thing I'm wondering from these leaks is whether or not the game is good.

Back