Oldest Battlefield Player?

Awesome video :):) brought a smile to my face now if I can only get my grandma to play some battlefield lol :cool::D

He's probably not the oldest. I'm willing to accept he actually may play Battlefield. My dad is almost 60 and still plays Descent 3 and Oblivion.

Who the fuck cares what he games on?

He's 63. ANY sort of gaming at that age is a bit rare, let alone BC2.

It matters because of pushing gaming forward. If it where not for the pc, video games would be a lot different.

It matters because of pushing gaming forward. If it where not for the pc, video games would be a lot different.

Yeah, because the 60 year old demographic has SO much pull with game developers.

oh wait

Yeah, because the 60 year old demographic has SO much pull with game developers.

oh wait

I think the biggest downfall to gaming right now is because of targeting demographics. Think about that one for a sec.

lmao :p

I agree...

If this guy gaming on an xbox, ps3 or whatever really bugs anyone that much, they should try to get out of the house a little more often. It's pretty amazing that this guy is even playing IMO. Cut him a little slack.

I think the biggest downfall to gaming right now is because of targeting demographics. Think about that one for a sec.

Read: I think the biggest reason why I don't find games appealing is because the industry is targeting a larger, more profitable, group of people.

The industry has grown by nearly 35% (that's 20+ billion dollars) in the past 5 years... and is expected to only grow further into 2012... I'm not seeing your perceived downfall here.

im all for pc but still, i have respect for him and his ps3. shoot, i wanna be enjoying my battlefield 5 when im retired

Read: I think the biggest reason why I don't find games appealing is because the industry is targeting a larger, more profitable, group of people.

The industry has grown by nearly 35% (that's 20+ billion dollars) in the past 5 years... and is expected to only grow further into 2012... I'm not seeing your perceived downfall here.

It seems that the video game industry is starting to design games just like the music industry engineers songs... and that can't be good.

So, he's 66 and playing an online game....big friggin deal.

I'm 65, and some of the guys that I fly online with in IL2 are in their 70's and 80's. I also do a lot of 'shooters' offline. I tried a few online, but got tired of all the whiney kids

I don't know why some of you think that us "Seasoned Citizens" don't like the same things that you do, OR that we don't know anything about technology.

Hell, I was programming on IBM mainframes in assembly language well before some of you guys were BORN.

Danged whippersnappers!

Is there a War Tapes sound mode in the PS3 version? If then, I think this is the real deal - look at those speakers. Folks his age into technology today were into hi-fi when that got popular.

So, he's 66 and playing an online game....big friggin deal.

I'm 65, and some of the guys that I fly online with in IL2 are in their 70's and 80's. I also do a lot of 'shooters' offline. I tried a few online, but got tired of all the whiney kids

I don't know why some of you think that us "Seasoned Citizens" don't like the same things that you do, OR that we don't know anything about technology.

Hell, I was programming on IBM mainframes in assembly language well before some of you guys were BORN.

Danged whippersnappers!

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e5f48a9f8970c-500wi

:D

haha jk. respects4u

Eh, I had a customer who was in his late 60s 6 years ago who played all the then-current 'realistic' FPS games. He even had a reticle made of tape on his display, for games that didn't give you an aiming reticle. :-D

Eh, I had a customer who was in his late 60s 6 years ago who played all the then-current 'realistic' FPS games. He even had a reticle made of tape on his display, for games that didn't give you an aiming reticle. :-D

hahaha, why doesn't that surprise me?

classic

This guy would be so fun to play with... I'd be very willing to bet not only, that indeed that is him playing, but also that he's probably decent.

The reason why I say this is the telecaster sitting next to his computer, which means he probably has pretty dexterous fingers to begin with.

*in his best Borat accent*
YYAazz... Vary Nee-ice.

...Eee- I like you! Do yo like-a meh?

I bet when I'm as old as him I'll still be gaming too. I'd play with him, but I don't have a PS3.

Hey, us old timers like to battle too. I'm 61 and still play Enemy Territory at least once a day and being a night shift worker, sometimes all night long on my days off.'

My Pop is 76 years old and I'd love to get him into gaming. He's always been envious of the games I play (CS and BF games) and how we can use a mic to communicate with fellow players, but he thinks he doesn't have the coordination to play. I think he could do better then he thinks if he would just try. He loves online poker and is usually playing 2 or 3 games at at time. ... At 36, I've considered myself an old fart in the gaming world. Nice to see the elders gaming it up!

They used a clip from a copyrighted song at the end...send in the RIAA.

I have been playing with the PC games while most of you were running down the inside of your Mama's leg.

You ever here of a place called "Nam"? That's about my vintage. My guess is my guys and I can put most of you down in a heart beat. We play our own Lan games,We got tired of all the cheaters, 2 mille sniper shots looking through walls BS. I don't need that crap.

Whinny sniveling little twits just don't cut it. Please put your console where the sun don't shine.

Quit playing L4D online, friends only now. Lots of neat mods out there that are well done. Lots of young very talented people have impressed me.

And yes I build my own, and just maybe I currently have one that would make you fill your shorts.

And I still like Duke. Yes he is antiquated, the program was written shortly after Duke 3d. But it is Duke with all the Duke BS. No it is not a new story line and the graphics are not DX11. It should not be a 50 buck game either, may $29.95 at the most. But I like the Duke rhetoric.

And Barry is still a lyin bottom feeder.

Back