thermaltake Tai-Chi

lord_tris

[H]ard|Gawd
45view.jpg

I just want to say that I like this case allthough it has many resembalances to other case as you can see.

What I want to know is that if I can attach another watercooling system to the door like they have it. Any ideas?

The price is little steap at just a little over 300 bucks

OuTLaWzSm said:
The first Thermaltake Case I actually like.

Resemblance to what?
every other case out there ;)

Its got a classic design, i think thats all hes refering to.

me likes, may be my next upgrade
i take it uses the door as the rad., much like the expensive zalman case or reserator

I like it. Very good looks, but Why the plastic wheels? I wish they would have added better looking wheels to the case. Other than that, looks pretty good.

Oh and I hope the doors on the front actually stay closed with either a soft magnet or latch as the Armor doors suck. Hopefully they have better mechanics

it looks like the zalman case. i like it, but i was dissapointed to find out that the front panel is plastic and not aluminum. :(

norky said:
it looks like the zalman case. i like it, but i was dissapointed to find out that the front panel is plastic and not aluminum. :(

that is dissapointing, but for $300 you can only expect so much for a case w/ integrated watercooling, the zalman is like $1200+

well it resembles

the zalmen with the heatsink like fins on the outside of the case and hinged doors
the stacker with the whole front being able to have a drive in it and mesh bottom
lain li v-series with the casters
koolance cases with the intergrated watercooling

really the only thing that it brings to the table that no other case has is its:
hydrolic door opener
uniqe way of mounting the full watercooling system on the door its self

Here some more thoughts on it as i am looking at the thing so early in the morning now:

it looks like they did put some thought into this case with all the features they are incorrperating into the case.

Again if i can put a DIY water cooling system on the door like they have that would be would be really nice as it looks like it helps with airflow in the case as well

by the way the pics look, it looks really wide so its going to be a roomie case

i dont think that i would want the blue lights in it, well really not that i dont want them but it really does not make sence as there is no way you can put a window on the thing, cause you would destroy the whole reason of the design of the case.

as for as modding really it does not need it and or can you do alot to it with out messing up the whole point fo the cases design like stated above

pstang said:
that is dissapointing, but for $300 you can only expect so much for a case w/ integrated watercooling, the zalman is like $1200+

the model without water cooling is ~$350. i don't know how much the other will be.

The whole chassis is made of aluminum. The front bezel is made entirely of extruded aluminum as well, NOT plastic.

That's good to know, but can we put our own water cooling system onto it? Will we be able to buy the rad separately, so we could attach our own 3/8 inch tubing water cooling system to it? could there be a attachement that would allow us to put say a dual 120 mm rad on it?

by the way the holes look here it seems that they would line up nicely for an other then Tt radator :)
2.jpg

Um, it's not really a premod. At least, not a premod unless you count the Wavemaster, and the Lian Li cases premods. It just has a front door and a hydraulic sidedoor.

really depends on your definiton of premod, doesn't it.

skudmunky said:
Um, it's not really a premod. At least, not a premod unless you count the Wavemaster, and the Lian Li cases premods. It just has a front door and a hydraulic sidedoor.

Not Beige? PREMOD!!!!!!!!!!

skudmunky said:

The man has a point. :cool:

Tt Tech said:
The whole chassis is made of aluminum. The front bezel is made entirely of extruded aluminum as well, NOT plastic.

i was just going by the review you have linked from the tt page that says
On the front side we have two plastic hemi panels, that hide all the periphericals and power button: the only think that passes thru is that nice blue light emitted by intake 120mm fan leds.

If the whole front panel really is aluminum, i'd be so happy! also, with the doors closed, is there room for something like an audigy platinum control thing?

All aluminum, and there's plenty of clearance after the door's been shut for control knobs.

Replicant1911 said:
This is may be trite but I don't like a case unless it's got a window in it.

I agree with you. Both my WC'ing rig have windows, so I can keep a eye on the WC'ing componets

Yah, I was thinking about that. Pro'lly 'cuz it as open and on display, so that people would say "ooh, flashy" and would also be able to get a better view inside.

Nice to know about the room for control knobs though. :)

I'd rather get the Lian-Li V1000 w/ the Koolance kit than this. $300 for a TT... No thank you. :)

Mr. Miyagi said:
I'd rather get the Lian-Li V1000 w/ the Koolance kit than this. $300 for a TT... No thank you. :)

For sure. Thermaltake makes some decent stuff, but not $300 decent. Though my experience with Lian-Li has been strictly negative. One of the hardest cases to work with (the PC-V800 I believe it's called.) I'm going to stick with CM cases after I got my CM Cent5, heh.

Thermaltake sucks. They haven't had a product of their own that wasn't a modified version of someone else's. Plus their customer service blows. Boo on them, boo

PolarbearBigEd said:
Thermaltake sucks. They haven't had a product of their own that wasn't a modified version of someone else's. Plus their customer service blows. Boo on them, boo

Yeah, their customer service DOES suck. I kept e-mailing them something on my Tsunami and I never got a response to this day. It was just a little over a year ago too.

I personally liked the Tsunami but I wish that the fans weren't so loud.

Also, $310 for a case is a pretty hefty price tag. It looks really nice though, if you can afford it I would recommend to get something from Thermaltake.

EGGO said:
Yeah, their customer service DOES suck. I kept e-mailing them something on my Tsunami and I never got a response to this day. It was just a little over a year ago too.

Wow, i only had to email them once and I promptly got a reply, and a few days later I got my screws and driverails. No complaints here! :)

"It was just a little over a year ago too."

Might I add, that's before I joined Thermaltake.

Now our service department rocks!! (Unless you have a terrible attitude...we don't like bad attitudes...)

Tt Tech said:

Now our service department rocks!! (Unless you have a terrible attitude...we don't like bad attitudes...)

I'm pretty sure I don't, considering that's why a lot of people like me. :)

Tt Tech said:

When I called thermaltake a while ago for a heatsink I bought years ago, the phone response I got was this. "Hello, sorry but ...we are busy. Please call again later... BEEP." That was when the Volcano 7+ heatsink was out. Ever since then, they have made me a non-believer. Maybe the service is better, but that doesn't explain why every Thermaltake product is a rehash of someone else's. A company that makes money off a copy of lower quality isn't cool in the hardware industry, maybe if you were buying Walmart brand bread vs. Iron kids or something, but not when there is high dollar amounts involved. I'm sorry you joined Thermaltake...

PolarbearBigEd said:
When I called thermaltake a while ago for a heatsink I bought years ago, the phone response I got was this. "Hello, sorry but ...we are busy. Please call again later... BEEP." That was when the Volcano 7+ heatsink was out. Ever since then, they have made me a non-believer. Maybe the service is better, but that doesn't explain why every Thermaltake product is a rehash of someone else's. A company that makes money off a copy of lower quality isn't cool in the hardware industry, maybe if you were buying Walmart brand bread vs. Iron kids or something, but not when there is high dollar amounts involved. I'm sorry you joined Thermaltake...

Me = pwned
:(

Back