Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
From what I've heard, the whole 30Hz limit for SST is based on the chips inside of the monitors and is not a limit of DP 1.2 itself. More or less, the chips don't have the power for 60Hz in SST mode.
^ Cool. Awesome (pun fully intended.)
I knew firefox's UI scaled in Linux but I didn't know Chrome's did as well. I was having trouble with Chromium on my Ativ Book Plus (which also has a HiDPI display.)
Looks like Dell just formally announced the 32" 4K one. Seems like the same panel as the ASUS one to me.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/23/dell-ultrasharp-32/
Nothing about the 2414Q
I would be really interested in the 24" one if it were an IPS display. Since it says NO for that column, I assume it is TN? (I would be perfectly OK with a VA panel as well.)
Perfectly normal to have a low amount of hard faults. If you are continuously getting a large amount of hard faults, then you most likely need more RAM.
If you're just gaming, the performance gain you from going with Nehalem and DDR3 memory probably won't offset the cost you would have to pay to get those. I would just build a system nowish..
I'm waiting to see if DDR3 prices are going to go down since Nehalem is DDR3 only, I believe. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even have a hard time decided between a quad Nehelam and a Q9450