Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856
UPDATE
Hey all. Thanks for the help. I put together a nicely working computer thanks to your help. I realized I needed it to work with WIFI. So I ordered this card:
Edimax EW-7128Gn 150Mbps Wireless 11n PCI adapter
And then tried to fit it in:
And as you can see if you look close, it...
Will it still be such a drawback even when they're both combined with crossfire?
I guess, for right now, I just want it to be able to do well enough to do lower end games like swtor, starcraft 2, and maybe some steam games.
Later on though, I might consider upgrading the video card and PSU...
Awesome. Looks like I'm going with exactly that.
Anything I need to do in order to "crossfire" these two video cards? Do I need a special bracket or something?
For example, do I need this?:
XFX Crossfire Bridge Video Card MAAP01CF1K
Honestly I've never tried overclocking. It sounds risky, so I don't know what is involved. If there's no downside to it, I'm not positive I wouldn't.
But, frankly, I didn't even realize any of those were overclocking components.
As to the Radeons, they both say 512mb on them.
Here's a build I put together from some other comments in other threads:
CAS $49 NZXT Source 210 -Inch ELITE-Inch Midtower Case with 3.0 USB - Black
MOBO $109 ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU $219 Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core...
UPDATED
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Some gaming, photoshop, and web browsing.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
~$200 to $300 w/shipping ideal. Can stretch beyond that if unrealistic.
3) Which country do you live in? If...
How bad would it be to install the OS on the SSD without a mounting bracket???
I ordered one and can put it in later, but there are no moving parts, so does it matter?
UPDATE:
I got my stuff from newegg, and planned today to install it. However, The SSD didn't come with a mounting bracket. I assume I'm going to need that, and that I just overlooked that detail?
Sad that I'm here with no mounting bracket and ready to go.
Thinking of going with this crucial one:
Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148443&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
Since it is about $60...
Could be a cool idea.
So, some of these drives say SATA III. Does that mean I can't do that kind?
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147192
And what would be a good 1 or 2 TB...
Thanks. Going with and SSD sounds like a really awesome idea. My problem is that I'm out of space for installing all the Steam games I want to install. I'm always running out of room. I suppose.
Right now I have a 640 Gig HDD and probably close to 256 Gigs are taken up by games, adobe...
I just need a space upgrade for my machine, and it's been so long, I don't know the limitations based on my specs. Would you guys give me a sanity check here and help me pick out a good Hard drive upgrade?
Currently I have a:
HDD Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s...