• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by yertandus

  1. Y

    Need help with new rig for audio editing

    dangman: Lol! I got a compatible mobo, my mistake. It's the z170a pc mate, not the z97. -z170a pc mate -6700k -4gb evga gtx960 -550w gold seasonic psu -480gb ssd -16gb (2x8) 2666 ddr4 crucial ballistix ram -antec quiet case -arctic freezer 7 pro rev 2 fan the new skylakes don't come with a fan...
  2. Y

    Need help with new rig for audio editing

    All of that makes sense. I found a 6700k for sale. Some dude bought it from europe and is reselling it i presume. I paid like a 70 dollar markup. I'm in too much of a hurry to wait any longer to be honest. I went ahead and ordered everything individually instead of going through cyberpower since...
  3. Y

    Need help with new rig for audio editing

    Good point about the warranty and shipping costs. Everyone I know, and pretty much everybody on this forum, seems to be saying to hold on for the Skylake. I almost broke down and bought another proc because waiting another two weeks, or a month, or who knows how long, to get a 6700k is just so...
  4. Y

    Need help with new rig for audio editing

    Well, after much research, it seems i'd have at least two weeks to wait before the 6700k becomes available in north america. Could be longer. Some companies have them in stock for prebuilt custom PCs.. I've been looking at cyberpowerPC, and after I googled promo codes, the price for the rig I...
  5. Y

    Need help with new rig for audio editing

    Well, from what I understand the skylake i5 6600 is available for sale, no i7 6700 yet. I'm not sure that I fully understand the technical aspects, or how this processor would compare to the $340 one I chose on my last pchound build, but I put together a new pchound link with a z170 motherboard...
  6. Y

    Need help with new rig for audio editing

    I'm looking to put together a new rig, I haven't built a new PC in like 8 years and i'm totally out of the loop. Everything is different now! It's time for me to get a decent desktop, as the work i'm doing can no longer be handled by an affordable laptop. I'm mostly into audio/video...
Back
Top