Recent content by Xentinel

  1. X

    Corsair Super-sizes Hydro Series Liquid Coolers

    A 280mm radiator is the max my case can support, I wonder where these radiator wars will end
  2. X

    Gotta clue up some Intel peeps.

    I'm not sure I'd put a lot of faith in those benchmarks. A quick search for BF3 on FX-8350 returned this other review, in which it makes about zero difference, whether you have an FX-8350 or an i5 3570k tomshardware.com
  3. X

    Funky Bclk according to Aida64

    Lately I've noticed that my Bclk is often reported as lower than it should be in Aida64, mostly at about 98 Mhz, firing up CPUz to compare, it stays at 100MHz as it should be. I'm sure Aida64 didn't always do this, it's a recent thing, but I have no idea what I might have changed. I wonder...
  4. X

    Dedicated PhysX PPU Shoot Out: GT 640, GTX 650, GTX 650 Ti, GTX 680 -paired w/GTX 690

    I've found that CPU speed will eventually become the bottleneck for PhysX, maybe you could try with a higher clock on your 2600K, or even a lower, to see how that changes things
  5. X

    Dedicated PhysX PPU Shoot Out: GT 640, GTX 650, GTX 650 Ti, GTX 680 -paired w/GTX 690

    Yeah I guess it might have helped a lot in avoiding major dips in framerate, which is usually what kills the experience, anyway, Arkham City is really stuttering in DX11, so there's no helping it. I'm really tempted to put in the card again and get some actual numbers on the difference. Can't...
  6. X

    Dedicated PhysX PPU Shoot Out: GT 640, GTX 650, GTX 650 Ti, GTX 680 -paired w/GTX 690

    I'm getting 3715 points in Fluidmark with the 1080 preset on my GTX670 alone. That's pretty decent for a single card I'd say. I actually recently had my former card, a GTX275 installed just for physx to do some test, but for the life of me I can't remember the exact score it got in Fluidmark...
  7. X

    Awkward caching

    Yes I noticed yesterday that there's a thread on this forum about Arkham City, wherein numerous people are experiencing the same as I using DX11, I even found a youtube video illustrating exactly the kind of stuttering I'm seeing. So I guess the game itself is simply to blame. But that still...
  8. X

    Awkward caching

    It also happened on Windows 7 :)
  9. X

    Awkward caching

    Ok, I have a lot of new info on this. I tried the DPC stuff, and it was around 1000µs latency, I did most of the tweaks except turning off power saving stuff in bios, I did however see it drop really low when running wprime in the background, but all in all I don't think the DPC latency is the...
  10. X

    Awkward caching

    Windows is installed on a Corsair F120 SSD, and my games are installed on a Samsung F3 1TB HDD. I'm going to check out that DPC Latency checker and your guide and then check back.
  11. X

    Awkward caching

    Most modern games I'd say, Arkham City has a lot of it in DX11 mode giving me a horrible minimum fps since it constantly streams in new stuff, it's not as bad in DX9 mode. StarCraft 2 does it too, a place where I can reproduce it every time, is the bar fight cinematic (it uses the game engine...
  12. X

    Awkward caching

    I've recently noticed a lot of strange lag in a lot of games right as the game finishes its load screen. When I move the camera around, it'll stop and skip around a bit, till it seems to have everything loaded, after which it's smooth, untill I move to another area where it needs to load more...
  13. X

    Patriot & HardOCP Lucky Draw Giveaway

    I do like Patriot products. I've had two of their Xporter XT 16GB sticks, both of them hold up way better than Corsair's GT sticks do, and they're generally way faster to boot :)
  14. X

    "For the [H]orde Boxen Giveaway!" Signup

    I'm in. Really cool donations :) http://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/753558/260/5.png
  15. X

    Full crash @ Full tilt

    Well I do have 4 harddrives and a blu-ray writer in it, all SATA though. I just want the thing to last a really long time. I've learned to hate buying cheap, that's what got me the 500W in the first place.
Back
Top