• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Xegony

  1. X

    The Little Red Switch

    Nope... No smoke. No burning smell either. Just tried my old PSU and everything's fine. The other one just won't power on at all.
  2. X

    The Little Red Switch

    Damnit -_-. I was tired, okay! How the hell was I supposed to know what the damn thing was. I had no need to research it until it screwed something up :(. They need to take off the stupid stickers and put a big "DO NOT TOUCH" label there. Here's the power supply in question...
  3. X

    The Little Red Switch

    Just hypothetically, what would happen if the red switch was changed to 230v in a US outlet while the computer was on? Taking this a little further, say the computer wouldn't turn on after that... Where would the problem lie?
  4. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Thank you so much. Have my e-babies. Just let Memtest run for about an hour and a half with no problems, although Memtest said my memory was running at 300mhz and DDR400. Could be because of the power :). Looks like you found the problem. I can't thank ya'll enough. Off to newegg!
  5. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Now what? :) Edit: Checked the PSU. Apparently the voltage settings were under a big label the case manufacturer put on it. 18a on 12v....
  6. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure... I'll see if I can find it.
  7. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Well, at least it's not my video card :). I'm about to run Memtest. Is there any sort of test to see if my power supply is adequate?
  8. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Ouch. Error after the very first test in just a couple of minutes. "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4921875, expected less than 0.4 Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file."
  9. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Been there, done that.... Twice -_-. Still no fix :(. It's gotta be hardware related. I appriciate the reply :).
  10. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Also, I just checked OCZ's website and the RAM I ordered is recommended for my exact chipset and motherboard.
  11. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Got it :) .No idea how to find that out, though. I'll run the test tonight, and if nothing is found, I'll buy a new PSU and check back. Again, thanks a ton for the help. I'll keep you posted.
  12. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    I'll run the RAM test. Should I stress the system while I run it, or just overnight with nothing else running? And what do you mean by 1T and 2T? Not familiar with that term.
  13. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Bah. Haven't bluescreened yet, but I keep crashing ingame. Would an inefficient power supply be causing game CTD's? If so, I'll go buy a new one right away.
  14. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    Looking good so far. Crashed once after about two hours, but let's just hope that's a fluke. I couldn't find any other info about the PSU other than it's 450w...
  15. X

    Trapped in a crashing nightmare!

    You rock <3. Yes, everything is stock, although the GT is the factory OC'ed model if that maters :). After I post this, I'll disable AGP Fast Write. I'm pretty sure I installed the correct chipset drivers. Asus' download site is a bitch -_-. Nvidia drivers are currently 77.77, although I've...
Back
Top