• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by wrugoin

  1. W

    Honest opinion of ISP, G-sync and 1440p

    Thanks for the great feedback. I appreciate the detail you gave with your comparisons.
  2. W

    Honest opinion of ISP, G-sync and 1440p

    Hey folks, Right now I'm sitting with an Asus VG278HE, a 27 inch TN panel, 1080p, 144hz monitor. I've had it for maybe 3 years and have good experiences with the monitor. No dead pixels, little to no light bleed, and the only drawback I deal with is the poor viewing angle. The monitor is...
  3. W

    Asus GTX 980 ti Strix (STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING)

    This has been one tricky card to pick up. I stalked the Newegg page the last week and a half and finally caught it in stock last Friday. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I'm keeping my fingers cross it will be free from the coil whine and heat-pipe issues I see a few people...
  4. W

    Samsung's new EVO 840 Fix. Does the issue theoretically apply to every EVO 840?

    Thank you. I had read the new fix is more of a brute force method to correct the issue and may impact the lifetime of the drive by as much as 25%. I was hoping to avoid it if the issues were limited to a fraction of drives and not every one. Hopefully I see a noticeable performance gain...
  5. W

    Samsung's new EVO 840 Fix. Does the issue theoretically apply to every EVO 840?

    So, I have a 750GB EVO 840 that is used as my gaming SSD. I have a separate, smaller Agility 3 SSD as my OS drive. During the first go-around last October, I updated the firmware and ran the refresh program. Now I'm reading about a second set of fixes I may want to apply. Much of what I've...
  6. W

    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Is Shutting Down

    I wonder how many are like me that want to play Boarderlands - Pre sequel, and enjoyed the prior two games, and were also unwilling to pay the release price because we know it will eventually be heavily discounted. I know I rarely pay full/release prices anymore. 1 out of every 5 AAA games I...
  7. W

    ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Poseidon GTX 980

    2X Cooler? Huh, is 27°C twice as cool as 54°C? Ha...I'm just being a smartass. I really don't give a damn.
  8. W

    National Videogame Museum Finds A Home In Texas

    That's good. At least I know where I'll need to go if I over freeze myself and get stuck in suspender animation waiting for the next gen gaming system. Hopefully I can gain the trust of the sea otters.
  9. W

    Play With The Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Skill Trees

    They're really expanding the classes outside of the typical. Both BL1 and BL2 had very similar classes. Siren: Lilith / Maya Commando: Roland / Axon Tankzerker: Brick / Salvador Snipe Stealth: Mordecai / Zer0 I always played the Siren path and focused on elemental weapons and damage...
  10. W

    Stupid Bitcoin Criminals of the Day

    More like a flood of terrible reviews that make them one of the lowest rated local pizza places. For a small, privately owned family businesses, this can be devastating. If business is cut by 25% because they now have a bunch of crappy reviews on yelp, that can be the difference of being...
  11. W

    W8.1 with two monitors (need help)

    Cool, I'll check out ModernMix. My ideal setup, the one that's influencing all these questions is the ability to play a game in front of me on my landscape monitor. To the left is my portrait monitor. I want the top of the screen to have a netflix show/movie going while below, split...
  12. W

    W8.1 with two monitors (need help)

    Thank you. That worked and took care of 3 other issues I had. I only wanted to launch games on the 2nd monitor because I couldn't figure out the clock issue. 1. Show windows stacked only works for windowed programs. Thank you for that tip, but I'm looking for metro apps to run split...
  13. W

    W8.1 with two monitors (need help)

    I upgraded from W7 Ultimate to W8.1 last month and I'm struggling getting my ideal setup with my 2 monitor configuration. Currently I have a landscape (main) and portrait (secondary) monitor setup. 8.1 seems to have limitations to this setup I was hoping would be resolved in the first update...
  14. W

    Windows 8.1 Update 1 Released To Manufacturing

    Currently my biggest gripes revolve around a 2 monitor setup. Currently I have a landscape (main) and portrait (secondary) monitor setup. 8.1 has limitations to this setup I was hoping would be resolved in the first update. 1. the inability to run split window with a horizontal separation...
  15. W

    $100.00 Video Card recomendation

    If you're an AMD guy, then the ASUS HD7770-1GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5. $109.99, but $89.99 after the $20 mail in rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121663 If you like AMD better and can eek out another $20, consider the 260x...
Back
Top