Recent content by Wiigian

  1. W

    Yet another ESXi hardware thread

    Hi, I'm setting up a ESXi server, as I'm retiring my old XenSource all-in-one. I want to install ESXi on a raid1 solution, but my MB P8B-E/4L only has a onboard softraid (LSI Megaraid) which I don't think works with ESXi. I also have two 3Ware 9650SE-12ML that I can use for passthrough...
  2. W

    Qnap TS-459 Pro+ vs. DIY (Free)NAS. Test resuls inside.

    Thanks for your reply. I have had the time to do some more testing now. I connected each of the siz drives directly to the motherboard like you suggested. The results was not very good using FreeNAS, but with Nexenta / Napp-it, I was quite impressed, compared to using a true hardware raid card...
  3. W

    Qnap TS-459 Pro+ vs. DIY (Free)NAS. Test resuls inside.

    I've gotten my hands on a QNAP TS-459, and I am in the process of testing/comparing it to my home built NAS. I've only been testing NFS performance, as this will be used for a ESXi datastore. This simple test is done from a separate linux box, using gigabit network: Hardware: QNAP TS-459 Pro +...
  4. W

    New NAS build. What can I expect from this setup?

    Wrong thread. Please delete
Back
Top