Recent content by why halo thar

  1. W

    TressFX in Tomb Raider Poll

    It's a step in the right direction. It'll be great once they figure out how to implement the effects without the substantial performance price.
  2. W

    7970 worth it over 7950

    Pretty good deal. Looks like you don't have much, if any, time left, so why not? Bioshock and Crysis are icing on the cake at that price.
  3. W

    John Riccitiello steps down as CEO of EA

    I don't know, I wouldn't call what he earned over six years as CEO plus the $1.7M farewell bonus just "a ticket out the door". He's not even leaving EA, just stepping down as CEO. I sincerely doubt this changes how EA operates. They're a publicly traded company. Their goal is to generate as much...
  4. W

    Is TressFX a success?

    Worth the performance hit. Well, rationally speaking, probably not. Exciting though! Can't wait to see where this is at in a few years (or maybe months with how quick technology moves).
  5. W

    G500 vs Deathadder.

    The Black Edition that predated the 2013 revision also has rubber-coated sides. Count yet another vote for the DeathAdder, but it really depends on the comfort level of your hands. I've yet to find a mouse as comfortable as the DeathAdder's form factor that also has one of the best sensors...
  6. W

    Video cards and bundles returning to amazon

    I believe they issue a partial refund based on the value of the promo if there was a promotional item distributed with the GPU. If you're just exchanging a card for the exact same product, I'm sure they just don't send you another promo code. It sounds like it'd be difficult if not impossible to...
  7. W

    Yahoo Ends ‘Working from Home’ Option

    Gas prices aside, that first commute into work after this policy ends is going to be killer.
  8. W

    13.1 whql incoming (tomorrow supposedly)

    Not sure about the GW2 differential, but come on, one frame is not statistically significant. Excited!
  9. W

    13.1 whql incoming (tomorrow supposedly)

    Looking forward to it! I miss the days when ATI released monthly drivers, even if it was mostly a placebo effect.
  10. W

    ECS Video cards.

    EVGA's warranty policy is also based on the manufacturing date of the product itself and not its original owner or where it was originally purchased.
  11. W

    GPU fan too loud, can I replace with case fan?

    Why not contact the manufacturer and ask if they have any spare fans available? It couldn't hurt to ask, and you never know if they might be willing to send you one just to get an old part out of their warehouse.
  12. W

    ECS Video cards.

    Perhaps anecdotal, but I'm pretty sure ECS has been around for as long as these other companies and haven't really taken the initiative to improve their reputation until recently. It probably doesn't help that their claim to fame is "that terrible motherboard freebie that Fry's bundles with...
  13. W

    Replacement for my Filco Majestouch Linear?

    EliteKeyboards started distributing Leopolds as Filco replacements because they were having a difficult time obtaining the latter in a reliable fashion if I recall correctly. Leopolds are pretty solid (as they should be for a $90 peripheral) but people either tolerate or hate the stabilizers. I...
  14. W

    Difference between these Sapphire cards?

    It could simply be a difference in packaging.
  15. W

    Thank You Galaxy

    It's absolutely frustrating when a product fails on you, but Galaxy sure sounds like they're a company that knows how to make things right. I'll definitely keep them in mind the next time I'm in the market for my next GPU. I hope their focus on customer service doesn't wane as time goes by.
Back
Top