Thank You Galaxy

Sturmangriff

Limp Gawd
I recently had a problem with my Galaxy GTX 480 SOC which required an RMA under warranty and wanted to share my experience. I contacted the Galaxy rep, who has helped others on the Hardocp forums, with a couple of questions and received a prompt reply. The RMA process was easy enough through their website and once my old card was received by them, a replacement was sent out within 24 hours. I received it today and was more than pleased to see it was a brand new Galaxy GTX 580 with the Accelero cooler.
Service after the sale goes a long way with me, so an experience like this has made me a Galaxy customer from now on. Just wanted to throw this out there for the Galaxy rep or to anyone who is researching the brand for a future purchase.

Thank you Galaxy:)

Awesome story. I will look at their products closely the next time I'm looking.

Yeah I find Galaxy to be a very reliable product. My 460 has done me well.

Thanks for posting this. It is good to hear that there are still companies that provide good service, this is overlooked and no longer seems to be valued by many companies.

Great to hear, I'll definitely keep a close eye on them for my next card purchase. Awesome that they upgraded you a generation too!

I've been reading nothing but good things from this brand, makes me wish I went with them over my MSI.

Glad to hear you had a great experience with our support team. It's always nice when something like an RMA can be turned into a positive thing.

Just an interesting tidbit of info- when an exact replacement isn't available, we actually follow real benchmarks from our own testing and even HardOCP's reviews instead of just referencing product roadmaps like some companies do, and this help us make sure there's no question about the substitute being an improvement. This coupled with the fact that we don't send and don't even have refurbished cards seems to make a big difference too, since problems fixed with an RMA tend to stay fixed.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback here on the forums. We've expanded the support team recently with several new people, so I'm always happy to hear they're staying on top of things.

Glad to hear you had a great experience with our support team. It's always nice when something like an RMA can be turned into a positive thing.

Just an interesting tidbit of info- when an exact replacement isn't available, we actually follow real benchmarks from our own testing and even HardOCP's reviews instead of just referencing product roadmaps like some companies do, and this help us make sure there's no question about the substitute being an improvement. This coupled with the fact that we don't send and don't even have refurbished cards seems to make a big difference too, since problems fixed with an RMA tend to stay fixed.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback here on the forums. We've expanded the support team recently with several new people, so I'm always happy to hear they're staying on top of things.

When a rep takes the time to interact with consumers like you do on a forum it goes miles.

I was so impressed with the corsair report here on harforum that I built my current system with every available corsair product.

So many companies go out of their way to show customers that they don't give a shit, so it's great to see some interact with the communities that are the grassroots suporters

This makes me want to buy a galaxy for my next card.. Shows great customer service at galaxy.

Galaxy should in no way be considered anything but a top tier company with top tier products. I tried to buy 2 galaxy GTX 680s but couldn't find them in stock during the time they were near impossible to buy.

They are my first choice alongside evga, everyone else comes far below.

Galaxy is now at the top of my list for new cards when the 7xx series is released.

My Galaxy GTX460 is great, only problem I have with it is that I couldn't find the Razor edition for sale.
And they have the prettiest 690's out of the lot so far IMHO.

Galaxy should in no way be considered anything but a top tier company with top tier products. I tried to buy 2 galaxy GTX 680s but couldn't find them in stock during the time they were near impossible to buy.

They are my first choice alongside evga, everyone else comes far below.

The big problem with Galaxy is availability - not price.

For instance, MicroCenter Fairfax has ONE Galaxy GPU - a GT 640.

While Beast Buy (right down the street in Fairfax City proper, where Lee Highway/US 29/VA 237 becomes Main Street) has a greater selection, BB also prices even the GT640 higher than MicroCenter by $20USD.

The only other companies that have that same warranty length are PNY and EVGA (nVidia) or XFX and VisionTek (AMD) - MicroCenter has a greater selection (and better prices) on all four brands than BB. Because of those availability issues, I look at EVGA (or PNY) first when even considering nVIdia - not Galaxy.

The big problem with Galaxy is availability - not price.

For instance, MicroCenter Fairfax has ONE Galaxy GPU - a GT 640.

While Beast Buy (right down the street in Fairfax City proper, where Lee Highway/US 29/VA 237 becomes Main Street) has a greater selection, BB also prices even the GT640 higher than MicroCenter by $20USD.

The only other companies that have that same warranty length are PNY and EVGA (nVidia) or XFX and VisionTek (AMD) - MicroCenter has a greater selection (and better prices) on all four brands than BB. Because of those availability issues, I look at EVGA (or PNY) first when even considering nVIdia - not Galaxy.

I'm starting to see more of their cards at Fry's, but still not many. I definitely keep them at the top of my list when I'm shopping.

This. Is why Galaxy is my next card.

EVGA has been my choice for my last 4 nVidia cards, but I think I will give Galaxy a try next upgrade. Nice to be hearing lots of good things about them.

It's absolutely frustrating when a product fails on you, but Galaxy sure sounds like they're a company that knows how to make things right. I'll definitely keep them in mind the next time I'm in the market for my next GPU. I hope their focus on customer service doesn't wane as time goes by.

Back