• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Whoodie

  1. W

    Logitech G27 = $149.99 at BB

    No takers? :(
  2. W

    Logitech G27 = $149.99 at BB

    No i did not, It was at one of their terminals that they have throughout the store. I'm not going to buy the wheel at $300, but I will at $150, therefore I didn't feel like causing a scene at the register.
  3. W

    Logitech G27 = $149.99 at BB

    BB in the colony has one, but at the normal price. If anyone can pick one up for me at the good price I'll gladly pay shipping and a little extra on top! Posted via [H] Mobile Device
  4. W

    Data recovery software

    So far I have tried Recuva and Active@ file and partition recovery. No luck yet. Any other suggestions? I am thinking that I am going to revert back to when she got a new computer a few months ago, those HDDs are still intact.
  5. W

    Data recovery software

    Ok, so mom ended up reinstalling the OS on her laptop after Vista SP2 corrupted the boot sector. During the reinstall (expanding files specifically) she called me to ask how she could get here data back (it was not backed up). I told her to stop whatever the computer was doing and send me the...
  6. W

    Windows 7 Home Premium $29.99 for students

    FYI, this is worked for me. Obtained a Win7 Pro x64 iso Burned iso to a DVD. Disconnected all drives except primary. Deleted existing partition, then created a new one. Did not enter key during install Entered key after getting to desktop OS is activated, no issues to report. I'm going...
  7. W

    ** A Picture I Took - 2009 **

    Sorry if I missed it earlier, but what camera do you have? I ask because the RAWs from my 50D can only be processed in Lightroom 2. As far as cropping, use software, LR2 can also do many more great things as well.
  8. W

    ** A Picture I Took - 2009 **

    My first DSLR: Canon 50D I did spend some time in Lightroom.
  9. W

    LG L246W

    No but my second monitor I purchased a year after the first has a much cooler color than the first. FWIW, I run my backlight at 30%, 100% burns my retinas!
  10. W

    LG L246W

    No worries, I do that all the time :D
  11. W

    LG L246W

    Yep, reread my post, I said I got it from monoprice. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023102&p_id=2218&seq=1&format=2
  12. W

    LG L246W

    I had the no wakeup problem, turns out that the monitor cable that you get when you buy your monitor went bad on me and stopped working all together. I bought one from monoprice and have not had the issue return.
  13. W

    The official "clean desktop" club.

    That is awesome! Love the show.
  14. W

    Recommend me a laptop

    I bet they are. Get yourself a laptop with a Quadro or FireGl card. That will be your best bet for CAD work. They will also play games, of course not as well as a gaming card, but not bad at all. I loose about 10 frames playing games on my softmodded 8800GTX. Lenovo has their T61p and W...
  15. W

    Recommend me a laptop

    My 8800GTX gave me 1 FPS with Solidworks 2007-2009 until I soft modded it. The thing with gaming cards is that it is a crapshoot if it will work with solidworks. Now if you are set on using "real view", you will have to use an OpenGl type card.
Back
Top