Recent content by White Bear

  1. W

    2P mobo for AMD 6238

    Thanks, for your performance numbers. I wonder how much less a 6238 system would be. 15 or 20% ?? The best price that I can find on the 6176 SE is about $1000/ea. Did you find a better deal somewhere ?? Anyone order from CompSource ?? The $625, plus tax and ship., seem like a good...
  2. W

    2P mobo for AMD 6238

    Zink, That's interesting information. Makes you wonder what AMD was thinking about. :confused:
  3. W

    2P mobo for AMD 6238

    New idea, to keep the cost and power expenses down. A 1P board, $240 : http://www.wiredzone.com/Supermicro-H8SGL-Motherboard-ATX-w--Single-1944-pin-S-G34~10020016~0.htm AMD 6272, 16 core, 2.1 GHz, $540 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113036&nm_mc 4 x 4 GB...
  4. W

    2P mobo for AMD 6238

    I'm considering building a 2P system using AMD 6238 12-core processors. This would be a dedicated folding machine. What mother board would you guys recommend ?? What's the estimated PPD running Ubuntu ?? Thanks
Back
Top