Recent content by wesdog

  1. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    All of my parts came and I successfully built my pc earlier this week. It's very fast and I'm happy with it, but I'm having one minor issue that I hope you guys might know something about. When I'm gaming, there are faint, wavy horizontal lines running across my LCD screen. It's not severe but...
  2. W

    Just built a new PC, now what...

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to install games on your SSD? More specifically, games that are played a ton (ex: WoW, Steam games, Diablo 3, etc.). I'm definitely a newb to technology these days, but I want to make sure I don't harm my new pc when it arrives next week. My friends...
  3. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    Just noticed this. Can you elaborate? Is it possible to download Windows 7 64bit off the Microsoft website with a valid key?
  4. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    What can I say it was an intimidating heatsink with lots of sharp teeth.
  5. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    Yeah I'll probably be ordering this week and putting it together by next week sometime. Now I just need to re-familiarize myself with how to do so! I just hope the cpu cooler is easy to install. The last one I had was brutal - left scrapes all over my hands, heh.
  6. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    I suppose the 448 as that is what was recommended. I'm assuming/hoping it has the best price-to-performance ratio and will allow me to postpone any upgrades for a long while. With the parts I listed and the 560 Ti 448, the total comes to ~$1100. Slightly over budget but Newegg offers a nice 0...
  7. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    Alright, thanks for the help. I think I'll go with the GTX 560 Ti. Hopefully this lasts me a long while! Thanks everyone.
  8. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    Can anyone comment on this card? Just curious as to why it's so much cheaper than the 560. It has a 5 star rating on Newegg so I assume it's good, but I don't know as much as you guys do. This is what I have so far as per your recommendations, just need to decide on a video card! Case PSU RAM...
  9. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    Thanks for the quick responses guys. I will definitely look into getting a more inexpensive mobo so that I can splurge a bit more on the SSD and GPU (I am thinking maybe a GTX 560). I don't intend on running multi-card, and the fancy features on more expensive mobos aren't really necessary for...
  10. W

    Help me build a gaming PC

    Hey all, I'm looking to build a new PC primarily for gaming. The last time I bought parts was back in 2007 so I am totally out of the loop on what kind of technology is out there nowadays. The only thing I know for certain is that I'd like an SSD drive because I've heard they make a world of...
  11. W

    Having computer issues... bad gpu?

    Hello, Last night I was gaming on my PC when it suddenly locked up, and the last sound I heard started repeating itself. I thought to myself, no big deal, just a lockup, so I held down the power switch to turn it off. However, when I tried to power it back up, it wouldn't boot. Meanwhile, I...
  12. W

    First time building system - need advice!

    Ahh, thanks soundguy. Any idea on the question regarding the PSU though?
  13. W

    Motherboard Selection

    What's the difference between the Gigabyte P35-DS3L and the Gigabyte P35-DS3R? I myself am looking to build a very, very similar system to the OP's and I was looking at getting one of those boards but I don't know which one to choose. I don't need SLI or RAID either but I do plan on possibly...
  14. W

    First time building system - need advice!

    Hello, I'm sort of a noob to building computers so I was wondering if you guys could help answer a question for me. I'm looking to build a nice gaming rig for UT3 and I'm not sure which PSU to choose. Currently, I plan on building a system with the following specs: Q6600 w/ G0 stepping...
Back
Top