• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by WaywardProgeny

  1. W

    Need Heatsink Options (LGA775, Shuttle)

    Well since i didn't get any responses, i took a shot and got a BIG Shuriken 2, and it fit clean with no issues. Even had enough room to put a spare GT ap-15 i had laying around on it. So for anyone else with the SG41J4 Shuttle Chassis, the Big Shuriken will fit.
  2. W

    Need Heatsink Options (LGA775, Shuttle)

    So I putting together an empty shuttle case i have. Case Model is the SG41J4. I picked up a Q9550 to put into it. Need to know if anyone knows or has experience with what Heatsinks will fit into the case. Thanks WP
  3. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    Good point on the case, thank you. As for the psu, I'm mainly concerned with the space limitations of the case, the ST50F leaves +/- 1.5 inches (by my semi-not-to-accurate measurements), not including cabling space, which shouldn't take up that much space. . .
  4. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    Alright new build layout: Case: SILVERSTONE ML03B PSU:SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W (would like modular, but figured id better go for the safe size) MoBo: MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) (might go ITX, but this one looks like the best bet) CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge RAM: G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x...
  5. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    Thanks for the input, looking at sticking with the ML03 case and considering either the SILVERSTONE ST45SF linked earlier or the SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P. As before, more W's than i could possibly need. Read a thread concerning the ST45SF. Anyone know about the ST50F-P? Thanks ~WP
  6. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    I know that the 400w is overkill for the build, i just liked the fanless and modular setup it offered. May just stick with the case and get the SILVERSTONE 450W SFX still way more power than i need but a smaller PSU with ATX mounting bracket. either that or back to original case/psu options. . .
  7. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    I did a draw up of dimension (with some rounding) and it appears that the ODD and PSU would over hang each other by about a half an inch to an inch. So it probably wouldn't work with the selected PSU. So I may have to select a different Case or PSU. . . Though I may be off in my calculations. . .
  8. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    Just figured I'd check size specs compared to components I'm looking at. If i can confirm enough room with the BD drive (1=Lite-On or 2=Asus) and Modular PSU then i will definitely go for the case.
  9. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    Thank you for the input. What brand PSU and BD drive are you using? i like the case look and layout so i might go with it over the other 2 choices. ~WP
  10. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    I'm not to concerned with the gaming/emulation aspect, pretty much any low grade cpu nowadays will be able to handle that without a problem. Forgot to state that i'd like the budget to stay below 750 for the build. with the Element Q build, i can complete it below 500, where as the lanbox...
  11. W

    Looking to purchase within a couple weeks

    Going for my first HTPC build, hoping to be purchasing in about 2 weeks (ish). Basic Desired Functions: DVD/BD Playback, Streaming Video, light gaming (classic emulation based) Base Components: CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge Memory: G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin...
  12. W

    Looking At HTPC Build

    I was looking at the burner for the DVD burning functionality, not the Blu-Ray burning. I would definitely want a more functional remote, but liked the look/idea of the IR receiver bay, not sure if they sell them without the crappy remote.
  13. W

    Looking At HTPC Build

    I'm thinking of doing a HTPC build (it won't be happening immediately just getting the feel for the requirements), looking at about a $500 budget (w/ a little flexibility, if needed, OS and software not included). So far for the build I'm considering: MoBo/CPU/GPU: MSI E350IA-E45 AMD E-350 APU...
  14. W

    new gaming rig (budgeted) - opinions

    :cool: Build complete, os installed, all running with absolutely no hiccups! extremely smooth build :D Edit: oh i take that back . . . only thing i ran into was not having an extra SATA cable for my ODD, had to hit RadioHack this morning for one. . . but no component problems.
Back
Top