Recent content by Visual360

  1. V

    Quick suggestion for Nvidia card with mini DP.

    Hi xolera, thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn't too clear. My Video card now has a mini DP, and it actually plays well with the Apple Cinema display. My dilemma is running Tekla Structure with a Radeon base GPU. That's the reason I wanted to switch to a Nvidia base card to see if that...
  2. V

    Quick suggestion for Nvidia card with mini DP.

    Hey guys, and gals. I need a quick suggestion for a Nvidia base video card that has a mini DP. Reason for the mini display port is because I have a Apple Cinema 27 that only has the mini DP. I have a pretty old Radeon HD68x base card right now that I'm using for this monitor, plus another...
  3. V

    My build - any comments/concerns/compliments?

    I have the storm scout and the Sapphire HD6850 (product dimension is listed at 14.8 x 9.8 x 4 inches), it fits nicely in my case. The Sapphire 6950 you've mentioned have the same dimension as the Sapphire HD6850. So, I don't see any reason why it wont fit. Yes, I agree that the case is a bit...
  4. V

    Graphic Design Use

    Thanks everyone for all the help! My system is up and running without a single hiccups from start to finish. I'm loving the speed of the SSD. Such a joy culling with LR now, and photo editing is a fantastic. I know I wasn't able to stick to the suggested parts on most, but having a starting...
  5. V

    What 27" to get?

    I have the 27" ACD that I use for photo editing (LR/CS5), and I can't say enough on how good this monitor is. A bit pricey, but I personally think it's worth it. Yes, the glare is there, but doesn't really bother me or affects the quality/clarity of the photo's that I'm editing. The only bad...
  6. V

    Can the Apple Cinema Displays work with a PC?

    Oh, there's a trick to run the applecontrolpanel.exe without having a bootable disc. It's actually one of the thread I've started here weeks ago. One of the guys actually found a solution about creating an account, and running it. Look for the thread, and you should be golden. It worked for me.
  7. V

    Can the Apple Cinema Displays work with a PC?

    Yes, it works. I have my Dell XPS 15z connected to it, and it works like a charm. I'm not quite as lucky finding a video card that has a mini displayport to put in my newly build system. Just recently found a card that actually has one (Sapphire Toxic I believe). I just got it today, so I'm...
  8. V

    Graphic Design Use

    Thanks Skillz, will do. I'll be back! lol.:p
  9. V

    Graphic Design Use

    Hey guys, now that I know I can use a full displayport, can someone suggest me a nice card to push the ACD. The one Danny suggested is actually from CircuitCity, thru Amazon.com. I rather not buy it from CircuitCity. Thanks.
  10. V

    Graphic Design Use

    Hey, Tony, if they have a mini displayport, I'll be happy to get any of those card that you've mentioned. Well, I did more searching, and what do you know. There is such cable, and it's available on Amazon.com...
  11. V

    How to prep SSDs

    Sweet! Thanks all. I'm excited about this, I hope it's well worth it. lol.
  12. V

    Graphic Design Use

    The link that Tony provided wont work in my case. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the cable on ACD is hardwired, and it's not something I can just replaced with another cable. If that was the case, believe me I would've change it already as the cable is too short anyway. The cable/adapter I...
  13. V

    Graphic Design Use

    Noooooooooo! You gotta see the ACD in 2560x1440... :) Kiddin. Well, not really. The ACD blows away the other 3 monitors I have now. I thought my Dell XPS 15z 1080P display was, sweet, but connected to the ACD it's just mind blowing. Anyway, we'll see how this card performs. I should've gotten...
  14. V

    How to prep SSDs

    Thanks! That's what I needed.
  15. V

    Graphic Design Use

    Me too, but right now I'm pretty much building around the ACD. The card that Danny recommend only have the full displayport, and I can't find an adapter that will accept the mini displayport from the ACD. I need a female end to be able to plug the ACD. I even chat with Monoprice, and no such...
Back
Top