Well, I did a few things: 1st was to turn off Turboboost, which helped a lot with stability. Also, I added another fan at 2000 rpm to my heatsink (212+), which didn't really affect the max, so much as it seemed to bring down the average temperature. Not sure if that's normal, and I may be seeing...
Ok, so I reseated the heat sink, as well as switched out the thermal paste for the stuff included in the Hyper 212 + packaging. Not really seeing any difference in temps, which is disheartening. Is this just a ****ty CPU cooler? The reviews I read online led me to believe otherwise.
I've been...
Thanks for the reply - At the very beginning, I mention I'm using the Coolermaster Hyper 212 +, and a Silicon-based Coolermaster Thermal Compound Kit (whatever was highest-rated on Tigerdirect). Are you referring to something else, or was it just lost in the fray (I realize it was a length post...
Hi all,
I'm basically a first-time overclocker - I've helped some friends do it in the past, but this is the first time I'm flying solo. Here are the parts:
CPU = i7 930 (Batch: 3951A808)
MOBO = Asus P6T SE
RAM = OCZ 1333 3x2GB 7-7-7-20
CPU Cooler = Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
PSU =...
Hi all,
I'm basically a first-time overclocker - I've helped some friends do it in the past, but this is the first time I'm flying solo. Here are the parts:
CPU = i7 930 (Batch: 3951A808)
MOBO = Asus P6T SE
RAM = OCZ 1333 3x2GB 7-7-7-20
CPU Cooler = Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
PSU =...