• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by UltimaBoB

  1. U

    Help with Zoom Player Settings

    I just reinstalled xp on a computer I have been away from for ~ a year. I have zoom player 6.0 as the video player and a 9800Gx2 GPU. What are my best video settings? Should I let forceware apply or let the video player decide? If I use the Nvidia panel, should I set edge enhancement...
  2. U

    Help with setting Fan Speed

    I have been away for 6 months and during that time I had someone do a windows xp reinstall on my machine. So with the new 258.96 Nvidia drivers and the latest rivatuner 2.24c, I can no longer seem to set my fan speed to 100% on my 9800Gx2. I like to just keep the fan at 100% most of the...
  3. U

    9800Gx2 and Windows 7: Blurry

    I had my computer physically cleaned and the tech asked me if I wanted to upgrade to windows 7 (hadn't reinstalled my XP in ages and it was disease-ridden so I was looking at a clean instal anyways). In any event, to the tech all looked okay. But he didn't really have to work on the computer...
  4. U

    P35-D3SL and Fibre Internet

    Thanks. Didn't help. Does it matter that I am connected via IPv4 and not IPv6?
  5. U

    P35-D3SL and Fibre Internet

    Thanks for all the help guys. The Modem is Korean and so I cannot yet verify anything on the cable / Modem side. All I can say is that it seems pretty weird that the tech would take the time to point out to me using broken english and drawing numbers on a pad, and then loading the task...
  6. U

    P35-D3SL and Fibre Internet

    Tech was there and installed same connection at my neighbours, same type of cable and meighbour got the one Gig (newer Mobo though). Tech also re-checked all his stuff and finally pointed at my ethernet adapter and said he thought that was the problem (hard to understand due to language...
  7. U

    P35-D3SL and Fibre Internet

    Cabling INSIDE my computer box? It isn't cables TO the computer - tech checked. WHich cables? From what to what?
  8. U

    P35-D3SL and Fibre Internet

    I moved. My new place has Fibre automatically. However, my computer is limited to 100MBs - not the 1000MBs the connection offers. The intrent technician (he is Korean - I work in Korea - so hard to understand) thought it was because my onboard NiC card was too old or slow. He checked...
  9. U

    APC BR1500I 1500 VA 865 Watts

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842101101 I'm in Korea and this is available. Not much else is. Everything in this area is about 60% more expensive than in the US. So I really can't afford to go to a $400+ US model which will be easily $650+ here. My one question...
  10. U

    UPS recommendation

    I work in Korea and have been having serious probelms with my monitor flickering intermittently. This happened with my old CRT. I got an LCD. Worked fine. Now it flickers. My old PSU died within 9 months and I bought a new one. My old motherboard had the CMOS fry twice. Now I have a new...
  11. U

    Can't Format C

    sorted! Apparently you have to enable the keyboard in the bios so that it works in the pre-windows/pre-bios situations. Got a good reinstall. Monitor still flickers. Flickers in the Bios too - but you need light/white screens to make it really go. Seems to be getting worse. Oh well...
  12. U

    Can't Format C

    yeah no floppy, only cd/dvd - do you think reinstalling THROUGH windows like I did is a bad idea? Should I try to find a way to access the setup and format the drive and reinstall properly? With only a CD drive, is UBCD my best option? I don't understand how it can boot to windows desktop...
  13. U

    Can't Format C

    I will do all that too. Good advice. But I have already reinstalled via the method where you start the reinstall from within windos (not repair - it asks you if you want to delete the previous OS) but I have heard this is a bad way to do it and there isn't the long format. So I need to get...
  14. U

    Can't Format C

    I have a legit XP CD. It is from Microsoft. I don't have access to another computer and am not competent enough to be messing with the hardware like removing a HDD. Will this UBCD work? Is there any way to delete key windows files from windows so it can't reboot into windows? Remember...
  15. U

    Can't Format C

    I'm trying to put a fresh Windows XP install on my friend's computer that he is having issues with. The problem is that no matter what I do, it always boots into windows. Even if I disable HDD as a boot device and put NO DISK in the drive, it will still boot into windows. If I put CDROM...
Back
Top