Recent content by ugly

  1. U

    microsoft outage

    I think you meant Office 364.
  2. U

    Worth It?

    Ironic? Coincidence? Hope your dad got something as well. :p
  3. U

    poe switch for home lab

    I believe Toughswitch (regular 5 port) supports only 24V PoE devices. Toughswitch Pro (8 ports) do support both 24v and 48v devices (but not both at the same time???).
  4. U

    Esxi and OSX Mavericks Console resolution.

    I didn't know other people ran the same configuration as mine. My esxi server, also, has an Apple sticker on the outer case. :D
  5. U

    Recommend a SuperMicro Xeon board for ZFS

    x9scm-f is very nice. Once I opted for a board without the f feature, and then I cried. A lot.
  6. U

    Are my M4's okay?

    Wow, these are some serious numbers. It makes my Intel 320 look like a turtle in comparison.
  7. U

    Intel® RAID Expander Card RES2SV240 doubts

    I'm not an expert on this, but Intel RES2SV240 is a port expander. It doesn't communicate with the drives by itself, it requires a separate raid controller. So, *** Motherboard -> RES2SV240 -> 21 drives *** will not work. Instead, it has to be *** Motherboard -> Raid controller -> RES2SV240...
  8. U

    Supermicro X9SCM-F and VMWare thread info

    I also have 2 br10i cards working on two slots.
  9. U

    Some WD and Seagate Warranty Changes for 2012

    Wait, do these reduction affect the HDs already purchased? Or, are they talking about reductions from 5 years to 3 years for *newly purchased HDs*?
  10. U

    Why would a refurbished HDD be more reliable to buy than a new HDD?

    One thing that refurb has going against the new HDD is that it's a lot cheaper than a new one - with "practically" the same warranty, if you do buy the refurbs at reputable dealers.
  11. U

    Just got a Supermicro AOC-USASLP-L8i

    what's really strange about this card is that the components are on the wrong side of the card. I wonder if this is because the image is mirrored, or is really backwards.
  12. U

    Very odd SAS drive slowdown

    Results from iostat -xnzM 5: extended device statistics r/s w/s Mr/s Mw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 51.2 0.0 6.4 0.0 0.0 0.7 0.0 14.0 0 8 c9t3d0 50.2 0.0 6.2 0.0 0.0 0.7 0.0 13.6 0 8 c9t4d0 48.4 0.0 6.1...
  13. U

    Very odd SAS drive slowdown

    I have one coming in tomorrow, although it's slightly different (Seagate Cheetah ST3300657SS, no encryption). I'll test and report back.
  14. U

    Very odd SAS drive slowdown

    esxi 5, the VM controlling the SAS-drive/BR10i is Solaris 11. BR10i is delivered via VT-d into Solaris 11. The sucker was working perfectly fine, no slowdowns, with four striped disks of ST3300657SS-H (Dell's version of Cheetah) + 4 other SATA disks, in exact same configuration before.
  15. U

    Very odd SAS drive slowdown

    I'm running a single SAS drive as its own filesystem within ZFS and am encountering a really strange problem. Background: I recently acquired Seagate Cheetah ST3300557SS, which is 300GB SAS 6Gb/s drive with encryption. I have it connected to a BR10i in one of the channels along with 7 other...
Back
Top