Well, I'm thinking my mid tower days are over. I started off modding, threw in overclocking, and finally bit the bullet on water bout a year before university. At the time, went with:
TDX
BIP120.2
2 Generic 120x38mm fans (Push a tonne of air at 12v, 3 blades, googleing the brand on the fan...
I went with a dual bay res and am regreting it now, as I really dont need to see the coolant, and it was not easy to fill.
I used pentosin G11, not for colour, but because we had some out in the garage -- First time I went with DD's non conductive stuff, temp difference was about 2c higher...
My temps are high -- idle 37, load 51. However... ambient is probably ~28-30, and im running one fan @ 5v, on a bip240. Sure, I could turn on the other fan, and run them at 7, or 12v, but then I would lose silence.
My loop:
DD TDX on...
Opty 165 CCBBE0167, 2.7@1.344v
DD Maze 4 on...
Ive a 320gb and a 250gb, and I find that the more I have, the more I fill.
Used to have a 40gb drive for a long time, added 250, and filled that in about 2 months, added the 320, its almost full.
Stargate seasons 1-9, + current season
Stargate Atlantis seasons 1-2 + current seasons
Music...
Oh boy. Not looking forward to this.
About two weeks ago...
Motherboard went kinda funky, (Asus) and B channel memory slots didnt work... Used one in A channel, and now the DVI on my VX2025WM isnt working.
Fast forward to today:
Motherboard back from asus, B channel memory still not...
9/10 distilled, 1/10 pentosin. Why? Secksy blue colour, kills all the little swimmers, prevents corrosion. Any antifreeze (well any toxic antifreeze) will do, pentosin is used for the nice colour.
-Cameron
Running one, borrowed a friends WD 250 caviar SE just to test against for a few days, the 7200.10 actually felt a little bit snappier, if that makes any sense.
-Cameron
Pretty much what I figured... sounds like its chipset related.
Wierdest part? I do all my work with parts in a room with hardwood floor, and I was wearing a static wristband attached to the case.
Meh, either way, called up asus, told em what happened and what ive tryed, and they will...
Just use a small dab of superglue in the corners, and spread the AS5 around the block. No burning or anything like that here, been doing it for years. I usually make my own ramsinks, but decided id give the swifttech ones a try cause they looked really nice... Im gonna stick to making my own...