Recent content by toncij

  1. T

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    Do you have any specific info on the thunderbolt problem and why is black better on LG? It is the same panel. I had LG 34UC97, but swapped for Dell 5K. Still, since 5K is a bit problematic in Windows due to not all apps working scaled and really s****y driver by Nvidia, I'm thinking of going...
  2. T

    120Hz: 5K before 4K?

    Well, it does. But, 5K need dual cable because it can't run 5K@60 on one so you can't put 5@120 on 2 cables. :)
  3. T

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    I was thinking of that, but the quality...
  4. T

    34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

    I hope next gen cards will be 1.3 or we're not going to see those monitors until 2017/2018. Hopefully we'll then see 50" 5040x2160 and 6880x2880 34". :)
  5. T

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    Well, at this moment I have Swift and 5K Dell IPS - but 5K is a bit quirky...
  6. T

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    Those actually frightened me so much that I'm even careful to even try Acer...
  7. T

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    Well I hope they have hardware support for calibration (I do have Xrite)...
  8. T

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    I'm planning on getting 2 of these since I won't bother waiting for Asus that simply never comes. Just would like to know how serious issues are in latest batches?
  9. T

    21:9 - LG, Dell or Samsung or..?

    I'm running BenQ 24", Dell 5K 27" and Swift. I need real estate, but 5K doesn't play nice with differently scaled monitors in Windows (OSX does) and since I can't afford two, I'll give up on high-DPI and go with something else. Not sure yet if I'll wait for DP1.3 and fast refresh IPS/VA or just...
  10. T

    21:9 - LG, Dell or Samsung or..?

    Yes, those speakers... make it a no-deal for me.
  11. T

    21:9 - LG, Dell or Samsung or..?

    Well, since I'm selling a $1800 5K I mas as well buy one LG/Dell and wait for second Acer :) 100Hz is nice :) The only thing that worries me is the QA of Acer. Not the most famous for being the best.
  12. T

    21:9 - LG, Dell or Samsung or..?

    Those speakers make it way too wide :( Yeah, TN comment didn't have to do with that. :) Regarding lag I did work and play just fine with a 16ms screen so I don't care as much. :) More contrast looks tempting... I'm not sure if I've mentioned, but I'm swapping my Dell 5K (which I...
  13. T

    21:9 - LG, Dell or Samsung or..?

    Have you seen any other? Have you compared the contrast and/or speed? I also do have it, an Xrite i1. That little boy even got a TN Swift to look "fine" (except for angles :()
  14. T

    21:9 - LG, Dell or Samsung or..?

    I want the curved one. Helps tremendously with convex effect a large flat has. But that screen is just the same panel as other soo... Yes, I'd also wish for a larger one. Anyway, I might buy two UC87 (cheaper than 97, better... no TB but I don't care)....
Back
Top