I just did an upgrade to 2x WD15EADS and it worked fine without issues. What I noticed is that the upgrade reset the SMART table without the Power_On_Hours value. Just for the record if someone needs all values to backup the SMART table before the upgrade.
If someone already posted this, sorry...
I had the same problem with my laptop last year, it was very hot and I opened it and clean the old stuff between CPU / Northbridge and heatsink and applied new stuff (white) used in electronics for high power transistors. The temperature was around 70-75 celsius degrees and now it is around...
Thanks for info. I am testing now 2 drives with ZFS, both have 7200rpm but one has 8MB cache and the other 16MB cache to see how it works.
I will keep it like that for a week and if it is okay I will replace the 16MB cache drive with a 5400rpm drive with 32MB cache and test it for another...
I am not looking for performance. I am looking for stability of the RAID. I will use FreeNAS with ZFS and I think it will be fine, but wanted to know if there are any horror stories about mixing different drives.
Thank You for your answers!
Hello!
I have some problems with my WD15EADS drive (SMART reports errors) and I want to change it. I don't want to take WD and I want to move to Seagate.
Systems used FreeNAS and ZFS
My questions:
1)Is it okay to mix drives from different manufacturers?
2)Is it okay to mix 5400rpm...
EDIT:
Tested today WD15EADS-00Sxxxx with production date 07 December 2009 and surprise...WDTLER IS WORKING AND ALSO WDIDLE3.
I enabled TLER and also set idle time to 300 seconds. After that I powered off the PC for 5 minutes and ran again WDTLER and WDIDLE3 and everything was as I set it.
So...
Hi,
I have a problem with a Nokia IP130 and a Cisco 3550.
Both devices are working fine separately but not together. The link between them is not going to 100-Full or half. It's working only on 10-Full and Half. I tried all combinations.
My question is: Did somebody had this problems...
hello!
Thanks for reply. Now after some "improvements" I have around 140W power consumption :D
I will probably take the Intel atom with only one drive. I am trying to find a way to install a laptop drive in the 3.5" bay. It will cut the power consumption also. :confused:
Hello everybody!
I have an issue to discuss with you. It is regarding power consumption of my network and server. Right now it is going up to 300-340W. I measured it with a power meter.
So everything of my metwork must stay up, this means the cisco stuff, 2 AP's and 1 laptop which is used...