• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Tirilwen

  1. T

    Test for HIV in Just 15 Minutes with This $34 Smartphone Dongle

    As a physician in training gearing towards infectious disease, I can see many useful applications for this device. Of course granted its sensitivity and specificity are good. Good news everyone!
  2. T

    Haswell refreshed Thinkpads announced

    I've had the T440s for a few weeks now so if anyone's interested in buying one soon, allow me share some thoughts. The FHD display is gorgeous. It has a 100% sRGB gamut and a 800:1 contrast ratio. The viewing angles aren't the best for a IPS-type panel, but it's still vastly better than any TN...
  3. T

    1200$ new office/workstation laptop purchase

    I recommend looking into the 15-inch MBP (quite over budget starting at $1900 at .edu prices) or the Thinkpad T540p (probably end up being about $1400 with a 2880x1620 screen) that's coming out shortly. Both can be had with excellent specs and their lines are known for being pretty robust and...
  4. T

    New 4th gen Thinkpads are finally here

    I'd email your suggestion to their engineering team or design team if you wish to have this in future models. I'm not being sarcastic, just saying that's how you can reach them with your ideas. Even if you convince us it's not going to amount to much. Personally, I think compromises MUST be...
  5. T

    R9 290X water blocks?

    Wow that's insane.
  6. T

    New 4th gen Thinkpads are finally here

    A Polish review site found the FHD screen used on the T440p and T440s had a 800:1 contrast ratio and a 99% sRGB color space, with a brightness of 320 nits.
  7. T

    New 4th gen Thinkpads are finally here

    Can the T440s connect to those docks too?
  8. T

    Crossfire 290x setup with Accelero Xtreme III Done!

    Nice, post results!
  9. T

    290/290x availability thread

    Yup this is fairly normal. Price gouging was pretty hilarious when 5850 was the performance/$ card.
  10. T

    AMD Radeon R9 290X Video Card Review @ [H]

    Nice thorough review! Very nice from AMD, able to get that much performance and some future-proofing at 4K resolution on the same process node. The price is great too, not much to say there. Hopefully non-stock and aftermarket coolers alleviate the heat/noise issue.
  11. T

    a TON of AMD R9 290x benchmarks leaked

    This thread just made my day.
  12. T

    Tom's Hardware: R9 290x likely faster than Titan (4K benches inside)

    I wonder how good the frame latency is.
  13. T

    Tom's Hardware: R9 290x likely faster than Titan (4K benches inside)

    I'm just waiting to see how well it overclocks. Hopefully it drives down prices.
  14. T

    Post your New Ivy Bridge Processor Thermals, Type of Cooling, and First Impressions:

    Hey all, just got my 3570k and punched in a modest OC to 4.7 using a 0.110 offset. I'm finding the temps uncomfortably high (75-80 C), but only in stress-testing applications. In gaming and everyday use I'm seeing them top out about 10-15 C lower. So I'm working on going higher, tweaking 4.8. :)...
Back
Top