Recent content by Thorn2008

  1. T

    Choosing a good HSF

    Between 17-20 degrees Celsius at most times, it is Winter here, but I have Central Heating which always warms things up even in areas I don't want it to i.e where my PC is !
  2. T

    Choosing a good HSF

    lol you are correct 9500 I guess I have 8500 on my brain i,e E8500 ;)
  3. T

    Overclocking my E8500 help!

    My specs are in my sig but I was looking at overclocking my CPU to 3.6 and want it to be stable! My question to you guys is am I better off leaving the Multiplier at 9.5 and just upping the FSB to achieve 3.6? What would I need to set the FSB at to achieve this? Will I need to up my Vcore...
  4. T

    Choosing a good HSF

    I am using a Zalman 8500E LED cooler and I am so far really impressed, not only does it look great at night (big blue LED around the fan centre makes a nice glow around my room, case has clear side!) but it works quite efficiently! Not too much noise and the fan is adjustable in speed anyhow...
  5. T

    System automatically rebooting - no OC'ing, temps ok

    All comes down to the Amps not just the overall wattage, I had to upgrade my PSU when I did my GPU/CPU/Motherbard/RAM upgrade a couple of weeks ago!
  6. T

    System automatically rebooting - no OC'ing, temps ok

    Sounds like a power related issue if it isn't heat related, it doesn't just come down to your total wattage of your PSU you realise? Different video cards have different power requirements and what i mean is the amount of Amps on your 12V rail, from memory my 8800GTS 512 needs 26A on the 12V...
  7. T

    One core WAY hotter than the other- what's wrong?

    Nah I think that is still within normal operating range, one of my cores in my E8500 is always running warmer than the other, sometimes up to 6 or 7 degrees like you are reporting, it really does depend on what you are doing at the time. Even in gaming, depending on the game of course, you are...
  8. T

    Is my 8800GTX's stock cooler dying?

    People underestimate the effect dust has on PC hardware fullstop, how many systems I have seen that are overheating or not booting where dust buildup wast the cause! I had a 7800GTX that I thaught was failing, it would randomly lock up when playing games, turned out after pulling off the top...
  9. T

    Worth overclocking my E8500 for games?

    Thanks, I guess I am just being ultra careful I mean my upgrade was a big investment I just don't want to melt my CPU! My CPU idles around 39-41 degrees celsius, under load (after playing Crysis for an hour) it was at 48 degree's celsius, does this seem ok? I am glad the PC turning off and...
  10. T

    Worth overclocking my E8500 for games?

    I am using a Thermaltake Soprano case with 2X180 mm fans, and a Zalman 9500E after-market cooler on the CPU. I am also using Corsair Dominator 1066 Ram with the Heatsinks and fan combo over the top. Is it normal for the PC to power itself off then restart when I adjust these settings or is...
  11. T

    Worth overclocking my E8500 for games?

    Hope you guys can help me out here, I am not new to overclocking but am new to overclocking on the latest hardware which I have invested in! I am running a X38 DQ6 Motherboard, Gigabyte 8800GTS 512 and a E8500. I fiddled around with the bios settings today I noticed some bios controlled...
  12. T

    On a hot day, low 50s load...is that okay?

    I am pretty sure that Modern day CPU's are made to take a little more heat than that, anything over 65 and I would start to be a little more worried but that is fine!
  13. T

    E8400 or q6600 cooler recommendations

    I am using a Zalman 9500A LED on my newly upgraded E8500 and am loving the results! I played Crysis (most demanding game I own atm) for over an hour, exited checked the CPU temp and it was on 47 degree's celsius... not too bad! Room for some overclocking there! I love the blue LED glow...
  14. T

    E8500 @ 3.16 (stock) why is CPUZ reporting it as running @ 2.0 gighz?

    Yeah I guess it will do the same with my chip, it is recording it running at 43 degrees atm just after playing Crysis too! If you load up CPUZ and quickly minimise it you can see it running at 3.16 but in a split second when it notices that you arn't in the game any more it throttles back to...
  15. T

    E8500 @ 3.16 (stock) why is CPUZ reporting it as running @ 2.0 gighz?

    So it is something that is built into the chip nothing software or Motherboard related? So basically if it detects an intensive program like a game it will throttle back up when it is executed? Didn't know about this thanks! That is a relief! I was just confused because I know it is meant...
Back
Top