Recent content by the3kgt2

  1. T

    What are your essential Windows apps?

    nice. thanks.
  2. T

    What are your essential Windows apps?

    I'm about to do a fresh install of Vista. I always get excited when I get to start clean. What are your essentials apps that you immediately load up with a fresh install? My essentials: office 07 CCCP ccleaner vmware workstation ACID Pro or Audacity Adobe Reader firefox/thunderbird avast...
  3. T

    Building a new PC. How's this look?

    Hmm. After looking at this comparison I think the 640mb might be better for 1600x1200. it got over 20fps on most current games. If I get the e6420 instead of the e6600, I can afford the 640mb version.
  4. T

    Building a new PC. How's this look?

    Thanks a lot for the links, Bbq. I'm going to go with the 2nd one you posted. Very helpful. My monitor is a Dell UltraSharp 2007fp 20" 1600x1200 max resolution. Great picture but only 16ms response time. 1600x1200 is a low resolution for today's standards, right? Judging from the 20...
  5. T

    Building a new PC. How's this look?

    According to every benchmark I've seen, the 320MB version is just as fast as the 640MB. Small difference for a card that is almost $200 more. The e6420 doesn't sound bad to me either. The e6600 will overclock much better though, won't it? It's only a $60-$80 difference.
  6. T

    Building a new PC. How's this look?

    It's time for my 2 year upgrade. I plan on buying these parts the day Intel drops their prices. Just wondering what your opinions are. Intel E6600 - $240 on April 22nd, or $180 for E6420 GigaByte GA-965P-DS3 Motherboard - $122 A-Data 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2 6400 Memory - $119 8800GTS 320MB -...
  7. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    I'm running xp pro. i'm 100% positive my mobo runs HT and yes it's enabled. HT worked fine on my 2.4c.
  8. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    i think the problem is that i'm using "MPS Multiprocessor" when I should be using "ACPI Multiprocessor". but it wont let me pick that one. i found that the driver name is Halmacpi.dll but i cant get it to use that driver even when going through "Have Disk"
  9. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    reinstall windows? i'll just stick with my osx86 haha
  10. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    Just took pcx's advice and was able to change singleprocessor to multiprocessor. then had to reboot twice. Same problem. Only showing once processor
  11. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    I think you're right, but my previous 2.4c chip was HT so I dont know why it would be a problem to swap it with another HT chip. I checked device manager and under computer it says: MPS Uniprocessor PC I also went into sisoftare Sandra and checked out my cpu info and had a little warning...
  12. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    positive. says right on the cpu pentium 4 2.8 512/800 i can also tell it's 800fsb when i OC it.
  13. T

    p4 2.8c's hyper-threading not recognizing

    I just swapped my 2.4c (OC'd to 3.17ghz) with a 2.8c (OC'd to 3.31ghz) but the HT isnt getting recognized on my Abit AI7 board or in the OS. I made sure that HT support is still enabled in the BIOS. I still noticed a big improvement over the swapping of chips and I don't think it's just because...
Back
Top