Recent content by Tamahagane

  1. T

    Force 1920x1080 on 16:10?

    Even if a monitor doesn't have a 1:1 mode, you should be able to get 1:1 pixel mapping thru the Forceware drivers. Don't know if ATI has anything similar.
  2. T

    120 hz gaming monitor

    Games on the VG236HE would be more fun by default as the monitor is uncoated, so the picture isn't dulled/distorted/diffused by a semi-opaque plastic layer.
  3. T

    General Consensus on LED Backlite displays. Yay or Nay?

    Price. The HP LP2480zx is RGB LED.
  4. T

    General Consensus on LED Backlite displays. Yay or Nay?

    Depends on what's meant by "LED backlight".... what's in use in 99% of LED LCDs is not backlight, but edge-light... Simple white LEDs. Backlit RGB LED ~ yay Edgelit White LED ~ nay And whether edge-lit white LEDs actually improve anything or just makes LCDs worse... that is completely...
  5. T

    The crap list. Crappy led-lit lcd. Do you have one ?

    Vertical Gamma Shift ... gamma gets lower towards the top.
  6. T

    HP 2509b Review

    Well, going by the claimed dotpitch then it should be 23.6" or 24". If I get it I'll measure it.
  7. T

    Need a good glossy monitor

    According to http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1607726 the 2511x is glossy. And this HP website: http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/display/display/1/storefronts/XP599AA%2523ABA claims it has "BrightView". However it also says that it reduces glare... which makes no sense, and would mean...
  8. T

    Apple 27" LED Cinema Display

    Not trolling in any way. Especially considering that now $2200 is only 13670 SEK. That would be seriously cheap for a brand new FW900. If the Dollar had the same value as back then when it was released, not sure what it would be... Lets just say somewhere around 20 000 SEK, that would be a...
  9. T

    Apple 27" LED Cinema Display

    They were only $2200? If I could get a brand new one now, I'd probably pay that. It would hurt economically. But at least it would actually be an awesome and proper display.
  10. T

    Apple 27" LED Cinema Display

    Spending that much money on a computer is a fail in of its own... Anyway it's irrelevant how much you've spent on a computer; it is still stupid to spend lots on an LCD when it will suck (now if it didn't, say it was an uncoated superfast RGBLED A-TW IPS with high build quality, then it...
  11. T

    Apple 27" LED Cinema Display

    1920x1080 dropped into 2560x1440: Another reason why paying lots of cash for a display is so absurd. LCD is such extreme fail.
  12. T

    Need a good glossy monitor

    I know the word Nu equals Now, but I'm not sure what .nu is supposed to be. That is to say, if it's meant to actually mean anything, or if the guy who invented it just took the word. Not gonna research it though... don't really care. Haven't seen a .tk in a long while, as I remember it...
  13. T

    Need a good glossy monitor

    No idea what .nu means. A lot of things are related to German... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_languages Examples: bruder - broder - brother apfel - äpple - apple eis - ice haus - house I tried http://translate.google.com/ now and entered...
  14. T

    Need a good glossy monitor

    Wow that's totally random. It's a swedish site. What do you mean, clicking on the link takes you to some other site when using IE or some other non-FF browser? It should look like this: -- (About that last screenshot; I don't have a capture addon installed ATM in FF. This was just...
  15. T

    23" or 24" Monitor Recommendation for Gaming

    If I wanted a monitor for gaming I'd definitely get the VG236HE. (the HE version is the one without the 3D crap included, so thus cheaper). 120hz. It has a clear surface (so guaranteed to feel natural for your eyes). 400cdm/2. So games should look/feel pretty good on it. ~340 USD.
Back
Top