• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by sverreerik

  1. S

    [???] use USB C monitor without USB C?

    Speaking specifically about the LG Ultrafine 4k Monitor and a Mac Pro, would the Sunnix card allow me to drive it with on screen controls / all the bells and whistles if I put it in one of my PCIE slots? If I understand correctly the 4k doesn't require thunderbolt. Thanks.
  2. S

    Intel Skylake Non-K Overclock Dropped By ASRock

    so basically we need someone to test this out and see what's going on for us :-)
  3. S

    Intel Skylake Non-K Overclock Dropped By ASRock

    do you mean that this has been killed at a microcode level? I thought just asrock stopped shipping the bios.
  4. S

    initial SkyOC i3 6100OC thread

    MSI says that their boards support ECC memory on z170 but Gigabyte says theirs don't. I'm not sure about anyone else, nor what they mean by 'Support' (works with ecc on or ecc off). EDIT: MSI says support means it will run with ecc ram in non ecc mode :(
  5. S

    initial SkyOC i3 6100OC thread

    I'd rather have the Core i3 overclocked than a Core i5 at the cost because I'll be able to use ECC DDR4 at the same time. Very excited!
  6. S

    What We Learned About SSDs In 2015

    I remember the night we moved all our machines in the datacenter from SSD's back to HDD's. the SSD's at the time (a year and ah half ago) had great i/o in bursts, but didn't have really great 24/7 read/writes from our benchmarks compared to enterprise hard drives. they couldn't handle all the...
  7. S

    Caution! 50% Performance on M.2 SSD's and ITX Boards

    The Asus ROG Impact VI had it's M2 slots raised with a daughter card, if you had a top down CPU cooler the ssd would get airflow. I don't think that slot had as much bandwidth though as more recent M2 implementations.
  8. S

    Which 970 Are You Buying?

    I went and purchases a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ from B-List. I think the board is identical to the 970 FTW ACX 2.0+ so I was going to flash one of the vbios's with a FTW image when I get it. (Ordered it over the weekend so it's finally shipping today). Upgrading from a GTX 760 /...
  9. S

    Skylake - Bad time to buy an ultrabook

    all the time. it's safe to assume a mobile i7 is a dual core w/ hyper threading unless it ends with QM.
  10. S

    Small Case Suggestion for SLI?

    Hey, I'm trying to figure out what's the smallest case I can fit a mATX board and two of these 'ITX' GPU's into. http://www.pcgamer.com/gigabyte-introduces-the-first-mini-itx-gtx-970/ I think I would have to have a SFX-PSU inside the rig. I wouldn't mind using ribbon cables if there is a...
  11. S

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    That's a pretty good reason for me to upgrade my rig huh.
  12. S

    Asus 32" WQHD Curved Display

    This is really cool but will also never come to market. :c
  13. S

    LAN within a single PC

    This is in the wrong section, you want to go to virtualization for this. You're going to need a CPU that supports VT-D, two graphics cards, and a hyper visor to make this work.
  14. S

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    96 is 24*4 so I'd expect television things to run well at it.
  15. S

    Dell XPS 15 3200x1800: What's the subpixel layout?

    I guess the best way to check would be if you could take a really close up image like follows: Ideally whatever image you take will have a part of the screen that is supposed to be white, red, green, and yellow. In this image you have a traditional RGB display on the right, and you have a...
Back
Top