Recent content by Subweevil

  1. S

    Ever RMA a motherboard? Share your experience here (good, bad or indifferent)

    Okay folks, so here's the update and closure: A touch over 8 hours after talking to the rep, I got an email response, although not the one I was wanting. The email read: ***This is an automated message – please do not reply directly to this email*** **For any inquiries, please visit...
  2. S

    Corsair Adds Cooling Fans to Product Line

    I'd be interested in them once you get PWM models. Looks solid, though.
  3. S

    Company of Heroes 2: 2013

    Awesome, can't wait.
  4. S

    Ever RMA a motherboard? Share your experience here (good, bad or indifferent)

    Just started my RMA process, so far, color me unimpressed. I will update it when it gets resolved, which, hopefully, will be soon. Motherboard: Asus Crosshair v formula/thunderbolt. Problem: Board refused to post, after six months of working flawlessly. Feedback: As previously...
  5. S

    Some details/pics of the MSI 7970 Lightning

    Looks like these will be replacing my matrix 5870's. Been waiting for them for a bit, no problem waiting a bit more.
  6. S

    MechWarrior Online Teaser Trailer

    I'm so in for this, played pretty much everything from the Battletech Universe, board game and all.
  7. S

    Diablo 3 Beta

    I cannot see this version soaking up nearly a year of my life like Diablo 2 did. Granted, it is a beta, but hopefully, it changes some of the dumbing-down that occurred before it hits retail, but that may be wishful thinking at this point. Just not really too impressed, because I loved Diablo...
  8. S

    Any other upcoming 7970 cards with non-reference coolers?

    Cool, thanks guys. Bummer about the Asus being 3 slots, lathough it looks very promising. Was hoping for something similar to the Matrix 5870's I have now, as I am not giving up my sound card. Guess I'll hold out for MSI Lightning version of this card.
  9. S

    Any other upcoming 7970 cards with non-reference coolers?

    Love to see either a Lightning or Matrix version. Those are the two I'm eagerly awaiting, and, ironically, the two the wifey is looking forward to the least.
  10. S

    Can anyone get me 3 7970s by Saturday for $2000

    What's your address please so I can wait by your front door.:D
  11. S

    Cutting that perfect hole for a fan?

    Second the hole saw idea. The hole saws can be a bit pricey, but the effort and time saved are worth it, a perfectly cut hole. Besides, if you ever plan on modding again, your good to go. I'm lucky and can do both, but I prefer the ease of the hole saws. A little trick to help it cut is keep...
  12. S

    AMD Radeon HD 7970 Video Card Review @ [H]

    Wow, nice review. Honestly wasn't expecting it to be as good as what I saw, definitely a pleasant surprise. What isn't a pleasant surprise is the price,ouch. I'm running 2 matrix 5870's now, guess I'll continue to hold off a bit til' hopefully, prices come down a bit. Wouldn't have even been...
  13. S

    Antec P280 and Eleven Hundred USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Internal Adaptor

    I have this case and am quite pleased, just thought I'd comment on the great customer service.
  14. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    Man, that sucks about your case!! On a side note, I bent the tabs in a bit for the side panels where the latch onto the front of the case, there was just too much play for my liking, and it worked well. Additionally, I added some really thin weather stripping around the edges where the side...
  15. S

    Antec Announces P280 Enclosure

    I'm jealous. Got the case, and all the components, just waiting to assemble everything. Lookin' forward to your take on it.
Back
Top