Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
So, what makes you think this doesn't work? It seems like a pretty simple concept: Use a capacitor or small high-amperage battery to store a little of the 5V juice from the power pins..... Then feed it back at a MUCH higher voltage and amperage on the data pins and BAM, it's done.
Shiz, we have...
Thanks for recommending the 500GB Crucial MX500. Very reasonable price/performance and I'll do some more research on it. Seems like a great option between the 250 and 500GB Samsung 860s.
As for my system, it's an i5-3570K @ a comfortable 3.8ghz on an Asus P8Z77-V mobo. Many generations behind...
Sure have, but I don't think Win 7 and those m2 pcie adapters play well together for booting. If someone has had good luck with a config like that, let me know and I'll reconsider.
Ya dude, when society collapses, you'll wish you had a bunch of crappy 480p rips of analog Simpsons broadcasts from the 90's that you got off Napster..... stored in offline cold storage so the EMPs don't get of course (duh)
I have no specific suggestions for this issue and haven't ever owned Toshiba drives.
However, I'll offer up my general tips and tricks for dead mechanical drives:
- Run speedfan or some other utility that lets you read SMART codes
- Check the Windows "Disk Management" utility and see if it...
Most of what I've read on the new 860 EVO SATA is positive, with many reviewers considering it an improvement on the already excellent 850 EVO. These are reviews of the larger sizes though, often 1TB at least. Has anyone heard of or aware of any performance issues with the smallest 250GB size...
Going to get a 46in LCD and really like what I have seen from Samsung. The only difference i noticed between the 640 and 650 is the contrast ratio, and I wasn't able to notice it in BB.
Aside from the bluish blacks, anything wrong with these sets?
Also, should I be considering anything else...
ugh, too many choices!
Anyone check out the OCZ Agility EX 60GB SLC drive?
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/24507-ocz-agility-ex-60gb-ssd-review.html
Seems to be the first consumer drive to touch the IO performance of the X25-M. Plus it has the raw read write...
I would get the 1TB drive to store media and large data files and stick with your 150 Raptor for the OS. I have both in my system and they each have their pros and cons.
Save your money for a SSD. The differences between spindle drives are insignificant when you compare them to the amazing...
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=766&type=expert&pid=12
the pcp guys say that some of the smaller capacity drives are slower because they only use half the channels on their flash controllers. Something for me to consider since I am looking at the 60-80GB range?
The 150GB raptor i am using in my current rig is way too slow.
I will be building a new system in the next 6 months, but would like the SSD speed boost sooner... If there is something great (a new Intel controller to replace their current 2 yr old one), i'll wait. But it's not worth waiting for...
Speed is the top priority here, as 60GB is plenty of room for me. I am Focusing on boot time, application loading, and level loading speeds.
This will be paired with Windows 7 and eventually an X58 mobo (right now its an nforce4, but only for a little while).
Is there anything new on the...
12 cores and only dual channel ram? Since these are just two istanbuls stuck together, they should have gone with quad channel ram. Considering what they will be used for in the server market, there could be memory bandwidth issues.
Also, Sun has been hammering the "whole bunch of slow, highly...
What is that logo on her suit? It looks like the "bluecat networks" logo.... Seriously, it does.
Just wondering.. we use a lot of bluecat gear around here and have always wondered what they spend their R&D money on... now I know... and she looks expensive (as in $4K/night..... for your...