• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Steven Chell

  1. S

    New Gaming Build Help

    I'm 17 and just got my first job. I've been saving 85% of my paychecks to go towards a new computer. All my past computers have either been my dad's old computers or (more recently) custom builds, but on the cheap end. I've answered the questions below to help. 1) What will you be doing with...
  2. S

    Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Keeps crashing with a BSOD

    Bump. Can anyone help me? I woke up again today with a new error. :(
  3. S

    Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Keeps crashing with a BSOD

    Here are the minidumps: http://www.media.phreakyourgeek.com/minidumps.zip
  4. S

    Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Keeps crashing with a BSOD

    Yep, title pretty much says it all. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Every night I leave my computer on and in the morning I come back to "Windows has encountered an unexpected error" window. The info says it is a Blue Screen of Death. I've recently started recording the info windows...
  5. S

    Little Thing Came off Motherboard

    Here's the problem. The leads do not go all the way through the board. I'm afraid if I try to desolder the other lead I'll end up damaging the board even more.
  6. S

    Little Thing Came off Motherboard

    It is still on with one lead... Could I just solder the other lead back in place? Also, if I do this without completely screwing over the board, am I running the risk of hurting the CPU/graphics card/HDDs/etc?
  7. S

    Little Thing Came off Motherboard

    Oh god, I'm sorry. :P Your statement wasn't very clear, and I took that as I couldn't do anything to the piece unless I had a password or something... Sorry! Anyway, sorry for the picture issue; I wasn't aware of that limitation. :P http://www.media.phreakyourgeek.com/0311091722.jpg...
  8. S

    Little Thing Came off Motherboard

    I came here for opinions, not smart ass responses. Thanks.
  9. S

    Little Thing Came off Motherboard

    Long story short: As the BIOS was running, something happened and this little silver deal came off my motherboard. It is hanging on by one lead. http://www.media.phreakyourgeek.com/0311091722.jpg Now, before I run out and buy a new mobo, could I solder the broken lead back on and boot it...
  10. S

    Is enom.com down?

    Yeah, I cannot access it. Loads forever then times out.
  11. S

    Throttle Bandwidth

    Oh wow, I was searching for "throttle bandwidth." As for her noticing... it completely depends on what the hell she's doing. I mean, I've unplugged her a couple times and she obviously knows it is me (I'm the only one in the house that has computer skillz) so... I dunno. Again, completely on...
  12. S

    Throttle Bandwidth

    My modem/router is a 2Wire 2701HG-D thing I got from my ISP. @noise: NetLimiter, eh? And really, I just want her to be throttled. Maybe a bit rude, but she's the one stealing mah bandwidth. ^_^
  13. S

    Throttle Bandwidth

    Hey everyone, I recently built my sister a computer (so she didn't kick me off in the middle of gaming sessions) but it seems that she is still doing it. I have no idea what she does, but whatever it is she manages to steal a crapton of my bandwidth. My ping goes from 85 to well over 500 at...
  14. S

    Defeating Crysis

    Righto. I've set out to build a monster of a gaming computer. I want this thing to be able to play Crysis, maxed settings. Please note that budget is not a problem. I'm really at a loss as to where to start - I've never built a system of this magnitude before. I'm calling the help of all...
Back
Top