Recent content by spyglass

  1. S

    3 Free HD-DVDs with Toshiba HD-DVD Player

    its just the next step in the HD/Blueray war. Blueray has a few free DVDs being offered also. Let me know when I can get one for a computer at the egg for $35. You guys that are buying these. If your screen is smaller than 70 inches, can you tell the difference from a regular DVD?
  2. S

    Ghost Recon:AW PC $9.99 at Circuit City

    Check the CircuitCity webpage first, it does an inventory check on the stores near you. Here is the correct site for the GRAW update to 1.3. My CD had version 1.2 http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=1604 get the top one Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter v1.30 Patch & MP Map...
  3. S

    Oblivion Websites?

    http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/ I use the above forum and the previously posted uespwiki for all info. have fun
  4. S

    How to stop PopUnders in Firefox!

    sounds like its time to run spybot to clean out your registry. Also update your hosts file to block a lot of bad websites, thus preventing further registry contamination.
  5. S

    compusa Chino Hills CA 30-60 percent off

    some notes from Google news: CompUSA could be on the auction block. According to a published report, the chain is being shopped around to private investors by financial services firm Credit Suisse at the behest of CompUSA's corporate parent Grupo Carso. rollout of CompUSA's new “superstore”...
  6. S

    Best Buy 2 Day Sale WOW 2 for $30

    The card sez it requires the full version of WOW. If I start with the 14 day free trial CD can I add time with this card or do I need to buy the $20 game CD? thanks
  7. S

    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + G7 Mouse $83 after $50MIR or Mouse Only $33

    Buy.com used to be very fast shipping, but either got absorbed by or partnered with Amazon.com. I just waited 2 weeks for a pair of headphones from Amazon. I think the game is to float your credit charge for several days (times thousands of customers) to make up for the cost of free shipping...
  8. S

    X-fi worth a darn?

    I just installed a X-Fi XtremeMusic. I had planned to use the onboard sound but got electronic noise from the video and usb. The X-Fi is crystal clear. Even using quality headphones. My mobo is nforce4. I did not load all the bloat software that is on the driver CD. Check for updated...
  9. S

    computer shows

    depends. Staples included vendors specializing in printer ink, mice & keyboards, software, motherboards, memory and CPU's, and a few system dealers. Good place for legacy equipment. If you own a cutting edge computer, now, you would not find much of interest. have fun, I find it eaiser to...
  10. S

    Logitech MX518 Mouse & Setpoint software

    Hi, While installing a new MX518 mouse I noticed that out of the box 3 levels of tracking sensitivity points can be set without installing the Setpoint software. The + and - buttons do work for 3 settings. OK MX518 users, is there any need to install the logitech Setpoint software to get...
  11. S

    computer shows

    www.lacomputerfair.com also see add in the free ComputerUser magazine. next show is Sept 30 & Oct 1st, OC farigrounds. I was there a couple months ago and even though it's only 5 minutes from Frys, there were a lot of vendors. I had not been to a show in years and it was like a fun walk...
  12. S

    Official Dell 2407WFP Thread - Reviews, Revisions, Screenies

    Ditto. Made in Mexico A03. Looks great.
Back
Top